SOLUTION: WordPress Critical Error after updating it

I would say that the manual upgrade is the way to go, even for people without programming experience. After all, a manual upgrade doesn’t require any programming skills. All you need to do is download a ZIP file from the WordPress.org website, extract it, and upload it with FileZilla.

If you have some time and patience, along with the information in our knowledge base, forum and the knowledge base from WordPress, anyone should be able to update their WordPress site by hand. And as long as you backup your files and database before attempting the upgrade, you can always roll back to the previous version if something goes wrong.

6 Likes

Yes even my website crashed and i uploaded all files manually, it took around 15 mins and the site was back.

I am a novice

It’s not mandatory to update if your website is alright!
Just wait for some days for Softaculous to get updated

2 Likes

15 posts were split to a new topic: I am not able to connect to my SQL Database

Won’t prefer that as only core files will be corrupted with automatic update process which can be fixed by manually uploading latest version of wordpress without removing any file.

Actually there wasn’t any need of installation as only core files were corrupted so upload only core files would have fixed that or manual update WordPress would have fixed errors.

Okay i’m sorry but, When you click Update Now on WordPress Admin, WordPress stuck in downloading the zip file and haven’t made changes in WordPress, so should be only few people/nobody facing critical error :slight_smile: (And that’s my case first time attempting update :smiley:)

2 Likes

Yeah You are Correct,

For me It corrupted first time,second time it got stuck in download.

If you read it carefully, you will get to know everything.
I guess.

2 Likes

Isn’t it unpinned?

Seems to be

Yup I guess Admin has unpinned it.

Now pinned.

2 Likes

great.

Hi all!
Here’s something I added right now.

WordPress 5.5 is now available in Softaculous. That means that new installations can be created on this version right away, and existing installations managed through Softaculous can be easily updated to this version.

8 Likes

Wow great.
No more worries. Well I will keep this topic preserved for future, in case it gets delayed again :slight_smile:
@Admin

Regards,

Many sites can’t be updated from Softaculous, so there are still sites which have to be updated manually.

iFastNet also pushed some changes to the free hosting servers which should improve the odds of the one click updater working successfully. I haven’t verified those yet myself.

6 Likes

:partying_face::clap::partying_face:
I think I joined the party a bit too late?