It appears there are currently issues with the database servers for many accounts. Many people are reporting issues with being unable to connect to the databases from PHP, and no databases being listed in the control panel.
These issues occurred as a complication when adding additional server capacity to the database system. iFastNet is hard at work to get this resolved, and the expectation is that this issue will be resolved by the end of the day.
Almost all databases will be brought back online when this issue is resolved. Unfortunately, some data corruption has occurred and a very small number of databases may experience some data loss. At this time, it’s not yet clear which databases are affected.
We are aware of the issue and are doing our best to get this resolved as soon as possible.
I completely understand that this may cause confusion and you will have additional questions. I am happy to provide any information I have to help you.
However, to keep the contents of this topic clean, clear and concise, I ask that you carefully read the Outage Communication Rules before posting.
In a nutshell:
- Please keep the posts about the outage in this topic, and all posts not about this outage outside of this topic.
- Please post relevant questions only that have not been answered yet. It may be compelling to ask obvious questions like “when will this be fixed”, but basic information like that will be put in this message as soon as we know it.
- Please carefully check the known symptoms and affected components.
- If you are on the affected components, you are almost certainly affected by the outage. If so, please refrain from simply stating you are affected, it does not help get your service back up faster.
- If you are not on the affected components but do experience all of the symptoms, please say so below so we can check if our list is incomplete.
- If you do not experience all listed issues and are not on the components that are known to be affected, the issue you are experiencing is most likely not related to this outage. If so, please create a new topic in the Hosting Support category and describe the issue there.
- If you say you are affected by the outage, please always include your website URL. I can’t check if you are affected by the outage if you don’t say which of your websites is affected.
Posts that do not follow these rules may be deleted without warning. This is to help ensure that all the relevant information is easily available to everyone reading this topic.