[SOLVED] IPs 185.27.134.127 and 185.27.134.231 are down

Just as a friendly reminder to everyone:

• Yes, there is an outage. If you’re on the listed IP addresses, your website will be down. We know.
  • No, we don’t know how long as it’s going to take. We’ll bring the IPs back once the attack is over. But since it’s not us attacking our own infrastructure, we can’t plan or predict when that will be.
  • Please observe the outage communication rules in this topic. Please only post if you have something useful to contribute to the discussion.
5 Likes

But why can not YOU transfer this websites to a different server??

We can, but that would take a lot of time, and your files would be unavailable during the process. Plus, we can’t really migrate two (or more) entire servers to other servers, we would have to split it up between multiple different servers, then update the client area manually for every account moved.

So while it is possible, it would takes weeks, if not not months, to complete. But you can do it yourself in just a few hours (And for most of that time, you don’t even need to be by the computer).

3 Likes

How can I do this?

• Download a copy of your files
  • Download a copy of the database
  • Remove your domain(s) from the control panel
  • create a new account with the domain
  • upload your files
  • import your database.
2 Likes

and link again with my domain?

As long as the new account is on a live server, and after DNS propagation, then yes, it would work.

3 Likes

If you want your website immediately, here is what to do:

How to do that is also mentioned in this thread:

4 Likes

Transferring all sites to different servers is objectively a bad idea. It would be moving data from one good set of hardware to another good set of hardware. That can take up to a week. And the server itself is working perfectly fine, so why move the sites?

If we wanted to do something, it would be much easier to just assign different IPs to the same servers and call it a day. It’s the IPs that are being attacked, aren’t they?

So why don’t we do this? Because most likely the target of the attack is one of the websites on these IPs. If we’d move all websites to different IPs, we’d also be moving the targeted website to the new IPs. Which means now the new IPs get attacked and we’ve achieved nothing.

And that’s not to mention that assigning new IPs means the DNS settings need to be updated on all domains that have been reassigned. That creates it’s own set of problems, because DNS caching means it can take up to 72 hours for the changes to take effect. And for the people not using our nameservers, they need to manually update their DNS settings for the domain to work.

So in short, by reassigning IPs we’re basically creating guaranteed downtime for people, while it’s unlikely to do anything to stop the attack.

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: My website 185.27.134.60

After almost a week my website is still unavailable (thewowsignal.epizy.com). My other websites are affected too (quite often I am getting ‘unresolved host’ error). Do you already know who the attacker is and how long will it take to solve the issue?

That sounds like a different issue. If you want anyone to help you try to figure that out, please create a new topic in Hosting Support.

No and no.

As I said before: the IP addresses will be re-enabled when the attack is over. We have no control or insight regarding when that will be, and as such cannot predict when that will be.

And to my knowledge, nobody has contacted us and proven that they are responsible for the attacks. So no, we don’t know who is behind the attack. And it’s very unlikely we’ll ever know.

5 Likes

it is possible to turn off the IP address, maybe a brute-force method by turning off the IP can find the desired address and relieve the load on the server?

That is precisely what we are doing here. We have disabled (nullrouted) these specific IP addresses to prevent the attack from causing more harm to our entire platform. What happens if you don’t is what you can see at the very start of the attack, and what happened last week Sunday when basically everything started to fail intermittently.

4 Likes

To everyone who is having trouble with their website, note that this outage affects the two IP addresses listed in the first post. Websites on these IPs will see some kind of Connection Timed Out error.

If you are on another IP address, or are seeing a different error message, please assume that your issue is unrelated, and check or create a topic that does actually describe your issue.

And if you’re on a different IP AND have a different error message, it’s almost sure the issue is not related.

Any posts of issues unrelated to this outage have been flagged and removed. Please keep this topic about this specific outage, we have an entire category for everything else.

There do appear to have been some intermittent DNS issues on the platform in the last few days. I’m going to investigate this and create a proper announcement if relevant. Until then, please assume that the DNS issue is unrelated to this outage.

8 Likes

We understand everything you are saying. But we just want to know when we will see our website again?
Or explain us a proper way to solve this problem…
like as you said changing IP manually.

IP address : 185.27.134.231
USERNAME : epiz_33185386

This

As for

you can do this

Follow the rules, thank you…

6 Likes

As of yesterday around 10:00 UTC, the IP addresses were turned back on! Since then, they appear to have been running well.

So it seems the issue is resolved!

We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

6 Likes