SSL certificate activation

Hello,
Can the hosting provider assist my activate my ssl. I am using really simple ssl plugin and im getting a last step error " Attempt 2. The order is invalid, possibly due to too many failed authorization attempts. Please start at the previous step." can you kindly allow my ssl activation? Thank you so much guys, surely the best.

Ignore it. As long as you have the SSL installed in the control panel, you are good. The plugin is not allowed to access some parts of the server so it cannot verify everything it wants to.

3 Likes

I have everything i think i should to have my ssl, thing is, i cannot see it in my url, kindly check and tell if everything is configured well inorder to be satisfied that its being worked on in the next hour(s). Thanks in advance

We cannot check your URL if you do not provide us one.

4 Likes

kimitikamandefinearts.com. Its been hours since i configured it to https with no results. i had tried really simple ssl but was told to use it yet i was almost getting my https in an instance. Kindly sort this out since i deactivated really simple ssl for this.

Unrelated to the certificate problem

Why don’t you add a domain to Cloudflare again and use their certificate?
which is (if I see correctly) generated recently

In order to prove domain ownership, it is necessary to change the NS to ours

and then once a domain is added here to the hosting (you have already done it) you can use Cloudflare and their NS
and in the DNS settings of the CF then direct the CF to the IP assigned to you by this hosting.

Then you do this:

And then you don’t have to manually create certificates every three months, but Cloudflare does it automatically plus other benefits of CDN.

5 Likes

“In order to prove domain ownership, it is necessary to change the NS to ours
and then once a domain is added here to the hosting (you have already done it) you can use Cloudflare and their NS and in the DNS settings of the CF [then direct the CF to the IP assigned to you by this hosting]”
Q1 : Do you use NS and DNS interchangeably or does NS stand for this >> ns1.epizy.com, and CF stand for Cloudflare? Im an amateur in this.
Q2 : If NS stands for ns1.epizy.com then i did change it in my domain registrar, if not then i think if you had a tutorial for this would be better

You have already added a domain to our system so you don’t have to do that
NS = nameservers (ns1.epizy.com , etc.)
DNS = domain name system
CF = Cloudflare

you can continue
on the process of adding the necessary records in the DNS section of the Cloudflare

and pay attention to DNS propagation (you have to wait)

always sit down and read everything slowly until it becomes clear to you
and then you just go to do certain actions when you make a mental picture in your head

if you have additional questions feel free to ask
members of the forum will help you

1 Like

You guys are amazing. I think i’ve done all that instructions now. Kindly check it up for me. Maybe i have to wait now for cloudlare to configure things (change from hostinger to infinity). i have configured wordpress to pick https

"That’s good and the Cloudflare configuration is secure now, however because your server is still not configured correctly, there’s a security error.

As I mentioned pause Cloudflare for now (Overview screen, bottom right), work out the issues with your host, and unpause Cloudflare only once your site works fine on HTTPS."

Thats the message i receive from cloudflare, can you check up the issue from your end and guide me through? Thanks again

Please send (upload here in post) images from the Cloudflare DNS section (orange cloud should refer to this IP 185.27.134.129)
as well as a screenshot from this hosting where it is clear that it is self sign. cert succeeded

until then you can try to temporarily put on Cloudflare FLEX SSL instead of FULL

there is no need to disable (pause) Cloudflare

The more you turn On/Off the CF DNS settings, the more confusion in the DNS system will be and unnecessarily prolong the process of propagation.
We go simply step by step - for some it takes time - they are not instant.

I’m going offline now because it’s lightning here so I turn everything off, and someone else will take care of this topic if necessary.

1 Like

which page shows this “screenshot from this hosting where it is clear that it is self sign. cert succeeded” is it cpanel?

Or maybe i should install an Origin CA certificate, since my ssl is self signed…?

Here you have the list Login to your account - InfinityFree

No - don’t do that

For communication with users (your visitors) CF has its own universal certificate
and self sig is used for secure communication between CF and ORIGIN (hosting) in the background.

3 Likes

I now have the green button saying valid ssl cert is installed. Thanks…but https is stil saying insecure, should i wait for any propagation? Sorry for the lightnings i hope they cool down.

You don’t have to do anything anymore
all is well !
Congratulations :slight_smile:

Online WEB TEST result - click me

TLS TEST is here - click me

if you want everything green in the test
then put the minimum version on CF = TLS 1.2
how ? Minimum TLS Version · Cloudflare SSL/TLS docs

now take a break and then later you start securing your site

Thanks - it’s been unstable for a couple of days now

6 Likes

@Kimiti Can we declare this solved /closed or there are more questions?

Absolutely. Thanks too, i hope the heavens have given you some peace :relieved: have a good one!

3 Likes