SSL Certificate Implementation on InfinityFree Hosting

Hello fellow InfinityFree members,

I recently started using the InfinityFree hosting platform and I’m interested in implementing an SSL certificate for my website hosted here. I have a few questions regarding SSL certificates and their integration with InfinityFree, and I would greatly appreciate any insights or experiences you can share.

Has anyone successfully implemented an SSL certificate on their InfinityFree-hosted website? If so, could you please share your step-by-step process or any tips you found helpful?
also if i want to install third party ssl like comodo, sectigo than what?

Hi! After login into your account. You can see free ssl certificate in top menu bar and click on it. Now click on button New ssl certificate. Enter your domain name and click on create order. After that click on install ssl certificate

Read these

4 Likes

that is fine
but the thing is that if i want to install organization validation ssl than what?

You can only install the certificates that our panel support, which is a very specific type of certificate. Because of that, we offer free SSL certificates that the control panel can accept. While you are welcome to try other types of certificates, do note that it probably will not work.

2 Likes

You can bring your own certificate if you want. I don’t see the benefit with how easy getting a free SSL certificate is, and why you’d spend money on an SSL certificate but not on hosting, but you do you. Or why people would spend money at all on advanced validation even though browsers don’t show it anymore.

There is a section in the How to install an SSL certificate article about that:

A few things to pay attention to if you bring your own SSL certificate:

• The certificate must have the Common Name field set and it must match your domain exactly.
  • The certificate must use a 2048 bit RSA key. If you use our Generate Key/CSR tool, you’ll be set, but if the private key is generated elsewhere, you need to pay attention to it.
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.