★★★ Ssl Certificate | Impossible

Ok thankyou for the Tutorial link
its gonna take me a few days to Figure this out,
But im going to try it, as id LUV to have a green Web-Icon “secure” .

Rearding the INODE limit, is there a METER anywhere in the account section, thats shows the limit ?
thanx again

serveimage

1 Like

You can find it when you scroll down on the Control Panel, in the right side, where is the “Statistics” pane; there is the “Inodes Used” table row that indicates exactly the INODEs you used, and it’s updated every 24 hours.

oih thats great thanx
i can check it from time to time
gregarding the GREEN-LOCKa and certivicate
i mabged to crete the

1: private ky
2: the csr

copy & pasted the files into

but now im stuck…i dont think i can do this

1 Like

https://infinityfree.net/support/cannot-use-or-have-problems-using-lets-encrypt-or-sslforfreecom/

oh so you cant have ssl certivicates ?
it is not possible to use Let’s Encrypt certificates (and sslforfree.com by extension) on InfinityFree.

Just Let’s Encrypt ones are not supported for creation with a subdomain and a domain with the most popular method, the Manual File Verification, due to the security system, but if you have a TLD (Top Level Domain; if you don’t have one get it by using Freenom (don’t choose .tk domains), point the nameservers to ns1.byet.org and ns2.byet.org and, after registering an account with an email, add it on the “Parked Domains” section of the Control Panel) you can also use Cloudflare, either from dash.cloudflare.com or with the Cloudflare cPanel integration.

Oh i see
ok thanx for your help EO1,
but i think im gonna have to settle for a “Non Secure site”
as its far to much information for me to understand.
But i am , VERY happy wIth my new Infinity-Free
thankyou x

1 Like

hi
im still unclear about what is allowed and what isnt allowed regarding certivicates

in this video section , iv uploaded both the private keys and the csr
but im not getting the correct verivication back form infinity free
like this guy is in the video
can you please tell me if this isnt allowed ?

im getting these errors
what does it mean please ?

It means that the Let’s Encrypt ACME bot is blocking responses from the server and it returns another content than the plain text one. And that’s the problem of the security system, that is unfortunately not to be disabled. So Let’s Encrypt does not work for subdomains, but with a TLD you can get many workarounds.

Why is it it Blocking my certivicate ?
has it got a Virus ?

That is not a virus, and is explained in more detail here:

https://infinityfree.net/support/javascript-error-using-api-or-mobile-android-app/

ok thankyou for your help

It looks like i really can not go any further.

1 Like

You can use any certificate authority in the world you want, as long as the certificate vendor offers a verification method which works with our hosting. CNAME verification and email verification are both good options. Let’s Encrypt only offers web verification and TXT verification, neither of which work on here. Until Let’s Encrypt supports a verification method you can use, Let’s Encrypt cannot be used with our hosting.

But virtually any other SSL vendor provides other verification methods, which can be used here.

1 Like

Thanx for your reply
There must be Millions and millions of non secure websites on infinty free hosting.
because no one knows how to do this… Including the moderators.

What a shame.

A lot of people use custom domains and add SSL to them which is quite easy.

1 Like

Many people around here have SSL on their website. And you can learn how to do that too, by simply following this article in our knowledge base:

https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-make-your-website-use-https/

And for those who want SSL but don’t want to pay for an SSL certificate, using Cloudflare is a very popular option.

1 Like

Tho using cloudflare would speed up ur site

But it would need to have a TLD, which me and Magnus have talked about here.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.