SSL certificate problem

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

www.posidonia.ga

Error Message

posidonia.ga: There are currently 1 TXT record(s) on the verification subdomain. Please remove any TXT records and only set the CNAME record. Please note that DNS changes can take up to 24 hours to take effect.

Other Information

It’s the third year I renew SSL certificate, but now I cannot go on since I get the error above: posidonia.ga: There are currently 1 TXT record(s) on the verification subdomain. Please remove any TXT records and only set the CNAME record. Please note that DNS changes can take up to 24 hours to take effect.
But I checked and there is NO TXT record only the 2 CNAME records.

I waited +24h but nothing changes.

So?

Thanks.

The error message is a bit misleading. But I checked your domain and there are no CNAME records in there. If you add the CNAME records as described in the client area, your verification should be successful and this error message should disappear.

Please do note that adding the CNAME records can take a few hours to take effect.

2 Likes

I read:
Simply copy the bold fragment from the client area page (either _acme-challenge or _acme-challenge.www) and paste it in the Record Name field. Copy the corresponding Destination from the client area, and paste it in the Destination field.

I am confused: what should I add in the CNAME field?

_acme-challenge and _acme-challenge.www
or
_acme-challenge.example.com and _acme-challenge.www.example.com
with my site:
_acme-challenge.posidonia.ga and _acme-challenge.www.posidonia.ga

btw How could I check my domain to see CNAME records? Thanks.

I am waiting for hours.

After hours the error has changed:
posidonia.ga: The CNAME record is not pointing to the right destination (current value: 11776.BODIS.COM). Please note that DNS changes can take up to 24 hours to take effect.

www.posidonia.ga: The required CNAME record could not be found. Please note that DNS changes can take up to 24 hours to take effect.

Still changed the CNAME using:

You should create two CNAME records. You take the Record Name from the client area and put in the Record Name in the DNS manager. You take the Destination from the client area and put in in the Destination field in the DNS manager (usually the only other field that’s not a TTL).

I don’t know where you took that screenshot, but it’s not our CNAME records tool.

But your domain name is using our nameservers, so you should be using our CNAME records tool to set the DNS records on your domain.

This is also explained in the article by the way:

2 Likes

That screenshot looks like it was from freenom

Thanks but please answer my question:

What should I add in the CNAME field?

or
with my site:

Yes indeed my posidonia.ga is on freenom and there I put the CNAME.

You might need to add it through our Cname records in Cpanel. Not freenom ones.

Yes but there are 2 different suggestions!

1. On the SSL Certificates page, you’ll see two CNAME records: one for _acme-challenge.example.com and one for _acme-challenge.www.example.com, each with their own Destination.
  2. Simply copy the bold fragment from the client area page (either _acme-challenge or _acme-challenge.www ) and paste it in the Record Name field. Copy the corresponding Destination from the client area, and paste it in the Destination field.

So I don’t understand! Which one is the correct?

I am confused: what should I add in the CNAME field?

or
with my site:

(Please click on the picture to see it in full)

Here are what you should do:

1. Make sure you’re using InfinityFree Name serves. They are:
    ns1.epizy.com
    ns2.epizy.com

2. Go to the cPanel:
    https://cpanel.epizy.com/panel/indexpl.php

3. Go to CNAME Records, and click the CNAME Records.

This page should display like this:

1. Open the Free SSL page with all the records you mentioned above:
    For example, this is mine:

2. Copy the “_acme-challenge” in your Free SSL Page, paste it into the Record Name like this:

3. On the domain field, select your domain in the drop down menu. In your case, it should be:
    posidonia.ga

4. Go back to the Free SSL page, copy the destination on the same line with _acme-challenge. In this picture, this is top one that I censor in red.

5. Go to Custom CNAME Records in cPanel that I mentioned above, paste what you just copied into the Destination field, your Custom CNAME Records should look like this:

6. Press Add. Then, the result should look like this:

7. Go back to your Free SSL page again. This time, copy the _acme-challenge.www

8. Go to the Custom CNAME Records, paste the _acme-challenge.www into the Record Name column like this:

9. Select your domain in the Domain drop down menu. In your case, it should be
    posidonia.ga

10. Go back to your Free SSL page, copy the destination on the same line with _acme-challenge.www

11. Go to the Custom CNAME Records, paste it into the Destination:

12. Press Add. The result should look like this:

13. Now you wait. Maybe few minutes, maybe few hours, depend on your luck.

14. Now, go to the Free SSL page, click on Refresh DNS Status. When everything is ready, it looks like this:

For now, please proceed until there, if there are any problem, you can come back here for more help.

Good luck!

6 Likes

Thanks a lot, your explanation is complete.
I did it and now I have to wait all night.
Tomorrow morning I’ll check and let you know.

Success! I did it.
Now I got the SSL certificate. Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation.

:partying_face:
Glad you got the certificate

There is no CNAME field. There are three field in our control panel: Record Name, Domain and Destination. Each of those should contain the value of the column with the same name in the client area.

Once again:

It doesn’t matter who your domain provider it is, it matter which nameservers you’re using. If you’re using our nameservers, you have to use our DNS management tools. Freenom also has a DNS management tool, but that one only does something if you use their nameservers. If you’re using our nameservers, then that tool doesn’t do anything.

Thanks a lot.
Eventually I succeeded in getting SSL certificate.

You’re welcome! :partying_face:
Glad that I’m of some help to you. :partying_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.