SSL certificate status showing as 'Draft'

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

epiz_30818251

Error Message

SSL certificate status shows as ‘Draft’ under the Free SSL Certificates tab. There is a creation date but no expiry date.

Other Information

Hi, I’m a total newbie at this so this could well be perfectly normal. I went ahead and picked Let’s Encrypt from the free SSL certificates available (some 12 hours ago), when I click on ‘verify’, it shows as ready but the status says ‘Draft’.
The reason I’m asking is cause when I go to install Wordpress, I have to select whether the URL is HTTP or HTTPS and right now it’s still HTTP. Should I just select HTTP for now and install Wordpress? Thanks for your help

Any CNAME record? Did you follow correct instructions?

Yes

3 Likes

Thanks! :grinning:

1 Like

Sorry, only now noticing this question, yes I did put in the CNAME record and everything seems fine.

Click on “Verify Domain”

1 Like

Sorry, the second snapshot is actually the output after clicking the ‘Verify’ button from the first snapshot. So everything should be fine right?

LOL, I’m so lame, those are 2 different verify buttons :sweat_smile:

I just clicked ‘verify domain’ now, thanks and it’s now saying requesting SSL certificate :grinning:

So I’m now trying to generate the CSR for the certificate and I have to fill a form, there is a field where I’m asked for my Company Name, what should I put there? I don’t have a company, thanks

You do not need this if you are using IF SSL tool. Private key and SSL cert will do.

1 Like

Oh ok, thanks, I was worried this was getting a little too complicated for me

Sorry to bother you again, where do I find this tool?

This is what you are using now

Right, I thought I figured it out but this is the screen I’m looking at now

Click “show”

Proceed to install private key followed by SSL cert in the VPanel

4 Likes

Pheww, finally, it’s done, THANK YOU!! It only took me a couple of hours LOL :crazy_face: :laughing:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.