SSL Certificates & Installation in cPanel

So, I grabbed an SSL Certificate from Comodo. I followed the instructions for installing it via cPanel but unfortunately, it seems some of the options I need for a proper installation are not available in the free hosting packages. Do I need to upgrade to paid hosting to take full advantage of the SSL Certificates?

I have SSL certificate from CloudFlare(COMODO). I followed the instructions for installing it via cPanel too. But i have error: The certificate uploaded is NOT for the domain name… (and my domain name).
but this certificate is for my domain. So, where is problem??

@FreedomIOPList said:
So, I grabbed an SSL Certificate from Comodo. I followed the instructions for installing it via cPanel but unfortunately, it seems some of the options I need for a proper installation are not available in the free hosting packages. Do I need to upgrade to paid hosting to take full advantage of the SSL Certificates?

Yes and no. You need to upgrade to get more SSL options, but the options available on free hosting should be enough to install the certificate.

Please make sure you are using the correct certificate file. If I remember correctly, Comodo provides a zip file with multiple certificates. You need to find the file with your domain name in the file name and copy the full contents of the file (including the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE lines) to your control panel.

@schromyk007 said:
I have SSL certificate from CloudFlare(COMODO). I followed the instructions for installing it via cPanel too. But i have error: The certificate uploaded is NOT for the domain name… (and my domain name).

Are you referring to the “Origin Certificates” provided by Cloudflare? Because those certificates are not issued by Comodo, they’re issued by Cloudflare. Only Cloudflare trusts those certificates, no browser or server (including ours) accepts those certificates.

Because the certificates are not generally recognized as being valid, you cannot install them. However, you can run Cloudflare in “Full” SSL mode without strict mode without manually installing any certificates here.

@Admin said:

@FreedomIOPList said:

Yes and no. You need to upgrade to get more SSL options, but the options available on free hosting should be enough to install the certificate.

Please make sure you are using the correct certificate file. If I remember correctly, Comodo provides a zip file with multiple certificates. You need to find the file with your domain name in the file name and copy the full contents of the file (including the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE lines) to your control panel.

@schromyk007 said:

Are you referring to the “Origin Certificates” provided by Cloudflare? Because those certificates are not issued by Comodo, they’re issued by Cloudflare. Only Cloudflare trusts those certificates, no browser or server (including ours) accepts those certificates.

Because the certificates are not generally recognized as being valid, you cannot install them. However, you can run Cloudflare in “Full” SSL mode without strict mode without manually installing any certificates here.

Thanks Admin for the answer.

I already added the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE content in cPanel to my SSL/TLS area, so that’s complete.

I was provided with a .zip file with 2 files inside but did not know where they went so I did not upload them. Is that the issue? Where do I upload these files?

According to the people at Comodo, I needed access to other features to do other things so the certificate would work properly and was told that simply pasting and uploading the certificate in cPanel was not enough and there were other things that needed done inside cPanel. The link they gave me with steps required for installation is here: https://support.comodo.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/642/0/certificate-installation-whmcpanel-11

Can you help me get this set up, please?

Note that the control panel we use is not cPanel. They look similar, but don’t work the same in all aspects. The guide you linked to does not apply.

Our guide on installing SSL certificates can be found here: https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-install-an-ssl-certificate