SSL configuration

Hi,

I am trying to configure my SSL, and found these instructions:

“If you are needing a new certificate, use the ‘Generate Key / CSR’ button, this will then generate a new CSR and private key”

I did this. The next step is this:

“you then supply these to the ssl signer who will then issue a certificate that you must upload in the Certificate box to complete the SSL activation.”

How do I supply these to the SSL signer?

No need if you follow instructions here

2 Likes

This doesn’t really help, as nothing on that instruction page addresses my question. It says they need to be uploaded to the SSL/TSL page. Well, there is no place there to upload them. Just this:

Click configure

Then upload private key, followed by SSL cert

2 Likes

Yes, and that takes me to the page with the instructions I referenced in my first post. The one that gives you an option to generate a new private key and CSR, which I did, and says to supply them to the SSL signer, which I still do not know how to do.

I can’t help you if you do not read

And when I hit the upload button, the page refreshes itself and nothing happens. And what do you even mean by " followed by SSL cert"?

What did you upload?

Have you generated private key and SSL cert using IF SSL tool?

Did you follow the instruction on installing SSL cert?

1 Like

I uploaded the private key that, as I said, I generated on this page, following its instructions.

“Have you generated private key and SSL cert using IF SSL tool?”

I followed the instructions, such as I could find that were clearly written. I did not memorize what each step was.

First Go to the “Free SSL Certificates” page in client area section.
then apply for the ssl for which domain you want ssl!
Let us know have you completed above step or not ???

Why do you need to do that if you are using IF SSL tool?

1 Like

First of all, you should take all the instructions in the control panel. They are often wrong, or at least not the best way to do things. We would change them if we could, but we can’t.

Like KangJL said at the start, you should follow this guide instead:

Looking at your client area, I see you still need to complete Step 2, requesting the SSL certificate. So please start there and follow the rest of the guide.

A private key that doesn’t have a matching SSL certificate. And there is no SSL certificate because the certificate order failed, in part because you created it with the wrong domain name.

Remember: SSL certificates are linked to domain names, not hosting accounts, so you need to request one for the domain you’re actually hosting your website on, not your account’s main domain.

Please request a new SSL certificate for your actual domain name and make sure a certificate is actually issued before trying to install it.

1 Like

Thank you.

“To do so, simply click the “Request SSL Certificate” button from the SSL domain page.”

OK, so where is this page?

http://app.infinityfree.net/sslCertificates

There is no “Request SSL Certificate” button on that page.

The page is a bit out of date. The SSL Certificates page was redesigned recently to be easier to use, but the documentation is still written for the old version.

I’ll update the article soon with the correct instructions. But in short, it works like this:

1. Go to the Free SSL Certificates page.
  2. Click “New SSL Certificate” and follow the instructions shown.
  3. Setup the CNAME record shown on the page after creating the SSL certificate order.
  4. When the CNAME record is set up and the Current Destination shows Ready, click Verify Domain.

Then, after a few minutes, you’ll have your certificate.

1 Like

Yeah? Well, I did exactly that yesterday, and the current destination still says Not Ready today.

Can you screenshot the CNAME records then?

And if you did that, do this

1. When the CNAME record is set up and the Current Destination shows Ready, click Verify Domain.

Sure. Which page would that be on?

I checked your profile, and I see no SSL orders for dragonmaster.freecluster.eu. I see you only tried requesting an SSL certificate for your account’s “Main Domain”. But you cannot get SSL for that one, and there wouldn’t be any reason to have it. SSL certificates are tied to domain names, not hosting accounts.

Can you please try to order an SSL certificate for the domain you actually want to install SSL on?

4 Likes