SSL difficulty

epiz_28903129

If I have full SSL through Cloudflare, why does my site show an SSL error? I had a certificate from Infinity Free that expired, but it should be covered in Cloudflare, shouldn’t it? I also tried renewing through IF, but can’t. Maybe that’s because my site is never live. (See: Can't keep site live - #3 by QuilterChic)

Hi

for full on CF

you need to install this certificate here

only if you are on flex

please read this document

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. The article is great. Now if I could only solve my “can’t keep site live” problem, maybe I could fix the SSL.

1 Like

try switching from full to flex right now on CF.

And later when you do the part with the self sig. certificate then switch to full

1 Like

Thanks! I did think of that, and it did solve the SSL problem temporarily. I have the self sig. cert, when I can install it. Thank you for your help!

1 Like

ok - I see it leads to a suspended page

but that is another problem

good luck

Yes, that’s my main problem right now. ( Can’t keep site live - #3 by QuilterChic

1 Like

I did everything your article said to do to add a self-sig SSL cert, and I still got an SSL error page when I tried to load. When I had the certificate installed and the cloudflare set to full, I got the error page. When I had “flex” selected the site wouldn’t load at all. Of course, I had to try and do everything in the 30-minute window I am currently dealing with. Any thoughts?

I forgot to say that on an SSL checker, it shows everything working fine…

Make sure you are clearing your cache then. Certificate data can be stored.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.