SSL Doesn't work


#1

Hi,

I have registered my own domain and SSL certificate at Namecheap. Now I want to use that with infinityfree hosting. I copypasted my private key and certificate to the input fields on SSL/TLS page. It saved those values without error, so I guess it should work, but whenever I try to open my website on https, it says that certificate is invalid.

My domain: https://www.chernyae.me/


#2

Oh, I guess it just needed some time.


#3

@Sirozha said:
Hi,

I have registered my own domain and SSL certificate at Namecheap. Now I want to use that with infinityfree hosting. I copypasted my private key and certificate to the input fields on SSL/TLS page. It saved those values without error, so I guess it should work, but whenever I try to open my website on https, it says that certificate is invalid.

My domain: https://www.chernyae.me/

Yours is working fine now,
But remember that your certificate is not trusted by all browsers cause they needed the CA_bundle which is the one to verify the issuer of your ssl and if you want to upload your CA_bundle sadly you can’t upload it cause free hosting doesn’t support it… But still don’t worry your ssl is still trusted by modern browsers like Chrome!


#4

@UnknownLolz said:

@Sirozha said:
Hi,

I have registered my own domain and SSL certificate at Namecheap. Now I want to use that with infinityfree hosting. I copypasted my private key and certificate to the input fields on SSL/TLS page. It saved those values without error, so I guess it should work, but whenever I try to open my website on https, it says that certificate is invalid.

My domain: https://www.chernyae.me/

Yours is working fine now,
But remember that your certificate is not trusted by all browsers cause they needed the CA_bundle which is the one to verify the issuer of your ssl and if you want to upload your CA_bundle sadly you can’t upload it cause free hosting doesn’t support it… But still don’t worry your ssl is still trusted by modern browsers like Chrome!

Thanks for your support.
Do you know how to close this thread? Can’t seem to find edit button.


#5

@Sirozha said:

@UnknownLolz said:

@Sirozha said:
Hi,

I have registered my own domain and SSL certificate at Namecheap. Now I want to use that with infinityfree hosting. I copypasted my private key and certificate to the input fields on SSL/TLS page. It saved those values without error, so I guess it should work, but whenever I try to open my website on https, it says that certificate is invalid.

My domain: https://www.chernyae.me/

Yours is working fine now,
But remember that your certificate is not trusted by all browsers cause they needed the CA_bundle which is the one to verify the issuer of your ssl and if you want to upload your CA_bundle sadly you can’t upload it cause free hosting doesn’t support it… But still don’t worry your ssl is still trusted by modern browsers like Chrome!

Thanks for your support.
Do you know how to close this thread? Can’t seem to find edit button.

I’m not sure,
I think admin and the mods can only close a thread!


#6

You can tell @Admin to close this thread,but I am not so sure he will do it.
Also,which browsers do not support it?
Me with Chrome works perfectly.
Also,do you have uploaded anything? 'Cause your site redirects to InfinityFree default index.html file.


closed #7