SSL handshake failed wordpress site

My website URL is:

What I’m seeing is:

<>

I’m using this software:

WordPress Site:

Hello everyone, I hope you are well. I am well.

I know that Admin has given workaround to the Error 525 problem. My question however is. How can I implement the work around if I am unable to access my WordPress admin console. Please Help.

Thank you in advance for quick and positive responses as always. I appreciate ya.

My website URL is: www.bizown.ga

What I’m seing is: Error 525 Ray ID: 535a392f6daeb418 • 2019-11-14 16:04:49 UTC

SSL handshake failed

I am using this software: web browser IE & Chrome

WordPress Site: Yes

Please read this article before posting, as Admin had posted an article for that:

Also, you should login to your Cloudflare dashboard for that workaround, not your WordPress admin page!

1 Like

I tried the first solution. That didn’t work, it created the too many redirects error. I don’t know how to find and install valid SSL cert signed by a real cert authority (Please help with that regard. [I am learning as I go, don’t let the name fool you, I’m only a techie in my heart, in reality I’m a novice]. And, lastly how do I disable HTTPS from cloudflare account. Please help

To fix that, change the site and WordPress URLs to HTTP ones via your database’s phpMyAdmin by following this guide.

If you really want to keep HTTPS URLs on your WordPress database, then you should search out “ssl certificate” on Google and choose the one that suits you (except SSL.com, which isn’t trusted by browsers without a certificate chain). Some of them offer a free trial, some of them are free, and some of them are paid. If you want free SSL certificates from Let’s Encrypt, a free certificate authority, try to use SSLForFree, enter your domain name there, then select the “Manual Verification (DNS)” method, proceed to do that, then on the “DNS” page of your Cloudflare dashboard create two TXT records with the name and value present on the page and let the TTL alone. After creating them, proceed to download the SSL certificate and follow this guide to install it in your account. After that, you are free to change the SSL options to “Full” or “Full (Strict)” (NB: if you choose “Full (Strict)” don’t forget to repeat these steps for 90 days!).

You need to change the WordPress URLs to HTTP by following the guide I linked above, then go to “SSL/TLS” and set the SSL option to “Off”, go on “Edge Certificates” and disable “Always Use HTTPS”. Like so, you configured Cloudflare and WordPress to use only HTTP connections to the server and the client sides.

1 Like

Thank you, will give the most suited a try. I will let you know how that goes. Thanks again.

1 Like

I tried this method but I am unable to create the TXT records on cloudflare, its says: Partner hosted zone

Your DNS zone file is hosted by Byethost , a Cloudflare partner. Manage your DNS records at their website.

And I don’t know how to proceed because I never registered an account with them. I hope you can help?

Then it’s most likely that you’re using Cloudflare integration enabled from your cPanel, and like so you can’t verify DNS records for your domain to generate an SSL certificate. So you’re most likely to go with setting the SSL option to “Flexible” and changing the WordPress URL from HTTPS to HTTP via your database’s phpMyAdmin by following the guide I linked before.

2 Likes

if you want to create a txt record on your cloudflare.you have to disable the cloudflare intergration on your vista panel and create a new account in cloudflare and add your domain in it and edited the tct record from it

1 Like

I disabled cloudflare on control panel and now cloudflare wont allow me to register the site with different acount , it says: bizown.ga is not a registered domain. Furthermore, when I try to access the site bizown.ga I get: Error 1016 Ray ID: 535f434e4ef5b406 • 2019-11-15 06:45:33 UTC

Origin DNS error.

Please help

have you created an account in cludflare?if yes have you updated the nameserver yet?

So I managed to disable but I get stuck when I have to create the TXT records

Please refer screenshot. Please help

I don’t know how to proceed.

updating nameservers I wouldn’t know how to do that. please refer screen shot and adivise

To add new DNS records, click on “Add record”, select the type and input the name, its value and optionally the TTL.

1 Like

Okay I have added the TXT records (1st screen shot), but when I try and verify I get error(2nd screen shot).

Please advise

Wait some time until the TXT records are propagated (and also check whether you have Cloudflare nameservers configured on your domain), then try to do that again.

1 Like

Also I don’t know if this will be of any help but when i logon to cloud dashboard the overview says that I should complete namserver setup. I don’t know what to do with that regard. Please advise. Refer screen shot

Go to Freenom, click on “Services”, then on “My Domains”, log in to your Freenom client area, go to “Manage Domain” near the domain you want to change nameservers, click on “Management Tools”, then on “Nameservers” and on the first two fields overwrite ns1.byet.org and ns2.byet.org with Cloudflare nameservers, and remove the nameservers on the last three, then save the changes and wait some time until it propagates.

2 Likes

Feedback: I managed to follow all the steps and it seems everything is working according to sls checker

Cloudflare reports that it protcting site

actual website is working

Thank you so much. I cannot begin to thank everyone that contributed enough. You guys are truly the best. The ultimate BEST!:grinning::smiley::smile:Thanks a million times over.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.