SSL help

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

Error Message

I want to install SSL on my website.

“Can I use external free SSL tools with InfinityFree?
No, external free SSL websites (like sslforfree.com or zerossl.com) cannot be used with InfinityFree.”

so I try the “Free SSL Certificates”
but it said “You cannot enter a free subdomain here. Please enter your own, custom domain name here.”

I can’t understand.
Please tell me how to figure out.

Other Information

You can’t install SSL on subdomains of the free hosting platform. If you have your own domain (or a subdomain of your own domain) you can install it.

3 Likes

got it

but why is my website at the addon domain

and can I create other that is not sub or custom with InfinityFree

You can get a free custom domain from dot.ml. (FreeNom doesn’t work these days). And get ssl using cloudflare or the free ssl tool in InfinityFree. (Cloudflare is recommended).

this one?

1 Like

Yes. That one. But you can only register domains like yourdomain.ml. No .com, .net or any other TLDs. My domain is already registered with them.(diystack.ml)

Thanks !!
I’ll try it !

1 Like

You can use Freenom or dot.ml for free .ml domain and Cloudfare for free SSL.

Register and point your domain first to infinityfree nameservers then register a free plan account to dash.cloudflare.com then remove the infinityfree nameservers on your domain and change it to cloudfare nameservers. You will see a instruction from cloudfare on how.

I got free https on my subdomains and addon domains from cloudfare.

If they’re subdomains of your own domain then you can, If not you cannot.

2 Likes

You can also do that with our SSL certificates tool. Like the error message says:

You cannot enter a FREE subdomain here.

Emphasis mine. Subdomains of your own domain are supported.

And Cloudflare cannot be used for free subdomains either. So Cloudflare doesn’t give you any more SSL than our tool does.

1 Like

Well, cloudflare offers a cdn but you don’t! lol (I’m not telling you guys to add a cdn! I’m just telling a pro of cloudflare!)

Which only offers a minor performance improvement on most websites.

I’m not saying Cloudflare is bad, but it’s benefits are often overestimated.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Cannot activate ssl on .com domain

Hmm… You are right! I was overestimating cloudflare’s performance! Thanks for the info.

4 posts were split to a new topic: I couldn’t upload a CA_BUNDLE, only those PRIVATE KEY and CERTIFICATE. What’s the reason?

9 posts were split to a new topic: Can somebody explain to me how to upload the ssl?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.