SSL Help

Hi. I’ve added a new ssl certificate (it’s my first time), I used gogetssl (since letsencrypt isn’t available)…It’s been 24 hours and it still says “pending”, do I need to wait for a max of 72 hours?

Hello!

If you have added the CNAME records correctly, it can take up to 72 hours for the certificate to be issued.

Can you screenshot the CNAME area in the control panel, as well as the CNAME records that you are supposed to add just so we can make sure they match?

Please let me know if you have any questions!

3 Likes

Hi! :slight_smile :slight_smile:

i’m not sure where the name area is… but here are the screenshots of the details

The last two screenshots were correct :slight_smile:
I see your problem, when you added the CNAME record, you forgot to change the domain name (Dropdown on the last screenshot) to the correct domain.

So what you want to do is exactly what you did last time (Copy the record and destination text), but also click that dropdown menu and select “u3edrozl.epizy.com” instead.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

4 Likes

Please note that SSL certificates are created for domain names, not hosting accounts. So if you have a website, say, example.great-site.net, hosted on an account with main domain abcd1234.epizy.com, then you should request an SSL certificate for example.great-site.net, and create the CNAME record for example.great-site.net as well.

You cannot create CNAME records for your main domain, because there is no reason to do so.

So please request an SSL certificate for the domain name you’re actually using for your website instead.

1 Like

I see…but why is that there’s only one option in the dropdown arrow? I dont see “u3edrozl.epizy.com

Because

2 Likes

So I need to create an ssl certificate for this (rhynes-music.great-site.net) instead?

Correct.

3 Likes

Am I on the right track now?

2 Likes

Please show the CNAME record in the VPanel

2 Likes

where can I find the vpanel?

vPanel is the control panel.

1 Like

Yep. Sorry, I totally missed that.

@KangJL is asking you to share the same screenshots you shared before, one more time. This way, we will be able to confirm that you set it up correctly.

4 Likes

this is harder than I thought… I get this error

Definitely wrong. Remove the spaces on the destination

7 Likes

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: @KangJL

2 Likes

:ok_hand: perfect

6 Likes

Thanks! You guys are awesome :star_struck:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.