SSL Help

hello why do I get this : The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers. You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate. Learn more about this error. The fastest way to fix this problem is to contact your SSL provider. help mee

What is your domain name?

Because of the way our system works, some automatic scriptes used to check your site give false information.

3 Likes

Read this

4 Likes

@belenn welcome to the community.

It happens when you are installing a GoGetSSL or, ZeroSSL in your free subdomains. But installing LetsEncrypt have no problems like this. I think this is not a problem of free plan, it’s a problem of ssl providers.

@Admin

Because recently I installed LetsEncrypt ssl in my subdomain and I didn’t face this type of problem, but when I install ZeroSSL or GoGetSSL, the error happens.

:heart: :heart_eyes: :sparkling_heart: :ok_hand: :clap: :heart_eyes: :+1:

Did you read??

3 Likes

Of course, but that is not the point, I am talking about the ssl not trusted problem. When I installed LetsEncrypt ssl (of course I used this because admint forgot to do something, but I am not promoting) ssl not trusted problem is not seen, because browsers trust LetsEncrypt more than GoGetSSL or ZeroSSL. Thats what I am talking about.
@Admin @KangJL @belenn

That’s not a thing. Browsers (and/or operating systems) either trust the certificate or they don’t. There’s no “how much do I trust the certificate”. That said, there are certain caveats, like if your certificate is signed by a trusted root, which all Let’s Encrypt, GoGetSSL, and ZeroSSL certificates are. If your browser and/or operating system doesn’t like the certificate, its root store needs an update. Both ISRG Root X1 and X2 (with IdenTrust) and UserTrust should be in the trusted root certificates store, and thus should validate all certificates. This is mostly a problem with older devices, and applications that require their own root store.

Also, please stop mentioning people for no reason. Admin has pings turned off, and I’m sure that if KangJL doesn’t that it is very annoying, so please stop. And on top of that, posting replies that don’t improve the discussion or help solve a problem, are generally not needed (these are more reserved for the 10k topic, but that too has its limits).

4 Likes

The reason you didn’t encounter this “problem” is that it’s not really a “problem” for most people unless you look for it. But if you do look, you’ll see it also happens for Let’s Encrypt certificates:

That’s because, like the article linked by @wackyblackie says, this is a problem of CA chain support on free hosting, not a problem with the SSL certificate.

Actually, there is a grain of truth to it.

I’ve seen some cases where a device would not trust a Let’s Encrypt certificate initially, but it would after visiting a site with a Let’s Encrypt certificate with full CA chain. Most likely it had something to do with the intermediary cert having to be cached in the browser’s certificate store.

Let’s Encrypt is the most popular CA in the world, so the chance that a browser has encountered a Let’s Encrypt certificate before is much larger than a ZeroSSL or GoGetSSL certificate.

So the chance of this issue happening is larger with ZeroSSL or GoGetSSL.

But this particular error is not solved by switching to Let’s Encrypt, or any other SSL vendor for that matter.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.