SSL not working

So I bought a SSL from my domain registrar (namecheap.com) and tried to install it on my website. So I requested it with the CSR code from the cPanel and got 3 files: a .ca-bundle, a .crt and a .p7b. I put the certificate from the .crt file in cPanel and uploaded it. Now the SSL Checker says I have a self-signed certificate and that the name does not match. I contacted namecheap support and they said something like I need to add the ca-bundle too (I don’t know that much about this stuff). How do I get it working?

Edit: The SSL checker now says: “The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers. You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate. The fastest way to fix this problem is to contact your SSL provider.”
It still says that my website is not secure on Chrome, Firefox and Edge.

From what I’ve read, I think have to put the contents of the .crt file, and the contents of the .ca-bundle file after that, then upload the certificate, but when I do that, it gives me this error: “It appears this certificate is in pem format / requires intermediates to function, this is not supported on free hosting.”
My problem is exactly the same as this thread. which has no solution: COMODO SSL Intermediate Certificates.

Edit 2: When I go on the https link of my website, it’s secure now at least, but I can’t put the ca-bundle, I think that adds even more security or something, but as I said, I don’t know much about this.

You’ve configured your SSL correctly. Normally, it’s recommended to upload the CA bundle in addition to your domain certificate, but this is not possible on free hosting and most browsers work fine without it.

The reason why it might appear to be broken at first is for two reasons:

• SSL installation can take up to 60 minutes to go through the system (but usually it’s near instant).
  • Browsers can cache old, invalid SSL certificates for a while. That is why it’s better to use an external SSL checker rather than try to open the website in your own browser, because you’re never sure whether the SSL is invalid now or was invalid yesterday. This should fix itself automatically after some time.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.