Ssl

Please, my domain www.emersonilustracoes.ml on Freenom is already right. I want to put SSL and generate certificate. What do I have to do? I have to put nameserver or configuration in Freenom or just go to CNAME on the panel and put the configuration

Source _acme-challenge.emersonilustracoes.ml
Destination vl2zkhde0qocepowkvhr.acme.infinityfree.net

Follow the on-screen instruction at app.infinityfree.net/ssls

3 Likes

What @Greenreader9 said. At the top of the page, it will show which nameservers were detected on your domain.

If it says Freenom nameservers there, it means you need to add the CNAME records to Freenom. If it says our nameservers there, you need to add them through our panel. If it says other nameservers, you need to it add it to those nameservers.

1 Like

I have been trying to add the proper CNAME records for my free site:
kjwest.lovestoblog.com
And on the Free SSL Certificates page, I get this automated info:
Domains identified: ns1.aligneddns.com, ns2.aligneddns.com
Source: _acme-challenge.ilovetoblog.com
Destination: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.acme.infinityfree.net (didn’t list the first section as it might be private just for this site - not sure)

Key question - my free site is a subdomain of lovestoblog.com
But the Source identified is on ilovetoblog.com
Notice the difference - loves vs ilove
Is this a problem? Could it be why things are not working for me to get ZeroSSL success?

Yes, it is a problem because they are two two different subdomains. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Remove SSL Domain”. Then add the correct subdomain, kjwest.lovestoblog.com, and go through the issuance process again.

The correct domain is lovestoblog.com, and is owned by InfinityFree and redirects to infinityfree.net.

3 Likes

I have deleted both the SSL request entry and the entry on CNAMES and started over. It seems I must have caused this issue myself in a tired moment

Thanks for the help.

Only 1 hour or so later, I got my Green ‘Ready’ flag, and already put in the SSL request, and it is pending. Helps to enter the right info at the beginning! :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I did wind up with Errors on the SSL Request though. And after several repeated errors, and checking my work, I decided to start over again, with full new request and CNAME. Still getting this same error:
SSL certificate error: An unknown error occurred. Please try again later.
Is it something I am doing incorrectly, or something that I just must wait to be fixed elsewhere?

I tried again just with the Request SSL Certificate button, and it finally went to a successful, granted private key and certificate. Thanks, in case anyone in Admin saw this and did something to move it along. Otherwise, the answer was just to be patient and re-submit.

3 Likes

Yes, you must be patient sometimes, as there is only one Admin.

1 Like

Yes. It is like this. The question I want to know is where I put what where. Do I have to go to Freenom and put these nameservers or Infinity’s control panel?

Do I have to do something here?

You need to change your freenom nameservers to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com. Then, add the CNAME records in the control panel and wait.

2 Likes

thatss where I have an issue aswell, I have no idea where in the panel to add the records, when I look in the are it says there’s no option

Under the “CNAME” section

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.