Ssl

Please, help me. I already put the nameservers on Freenom but it still doesn’t work. This warning appears. What I have to do? I’ve already followed the instructions. Do I have to put the nameservers on Freenom? What remains to be done?

You set up your CNAME incorrectly in cpanel.epizy.com. In the “SOURCE” box, type “_acme-challenge” and nothing else. In the destination box is the destination in the app.infinityfree.net.

4 Likes

Literally what it says in the yellow banner in the first screenshot.

Your domain name does not have any nameservers, so no services will work. You can’t get an SSL certificate for a domain that’s broken. You need to sort that out with Freenom.

Freenom does this quite often: you configure the nameservers on their end but they don’t publish them to the registry. I don’t know why or what you need to do to resolve this. All I know is that this is not a hosting issue.

2 Likes

Do I have to fill in the 5 Freenom nameservers or do I just leave these two?

So I have to fill in there use default nameservers or use custom? On Cname on Cpanel, do I put up the challenge?

Just leave those two nameservers. There are only two.

What do you mean? This?

2 Likes

No, you only use ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com.

What challenge?

After you set the nameservers, you need to set the CNAME records in the control panel. Make sure to copy and paste them directly from app.infinityfree.net/ssls and don’t change them, or it will not work.

2 Likes

Please note that what’s shown in your domain provider’s nameserver settings is not what’s actually configured on your domain name. So if you have set the nameservers like that, but a few hours later the client area still shows different nameservers, it usually indicates a problem with your domain name.

We see this quite frequently with Freenom and I don’t know why this happens.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Guys, I’ve tried everything and the settings of my domain emersonilustracoes.ml on Freenom are like this and on Cpanel like this. I did everything as instructed but it doesn’t work, my site doesn’t come back. I would like to know if the problem is with Freenom. I do not know what to do

1 Like

How long you’re waiting? You can try setting nameservers again.

I merged your new topic with the old once, since it’s a continuation of the same issues.

As for the issue itself, my last message still applies:

You set the nameservers correctly in Freenom’s panel, but Freenom is not applying those settings to the domain name. That’s the one and only reason you can’t get SSL. And this is an error on Freenom’s end. It’s not our hosting and it’s not your configuration. Freenom and only Freenom can fix this.

3 Likes

Then the problem is in Freenom? If I buy domain will work?

Yes and no. If you go into the nameserver panel at Freenom and press update, it should work. This sets the nameservers again on Freenom’s platform.

3 Likes

Sometimes Freenom have problem pushing the NS settings !

for all Freenom users here with problems (if nothing helps)

add ns https://my.freenom.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=3

there are some online suggestions about freenom and DNS problems
( if problem are confirmed with some tools!!! ) to force Freenom DB to be updated/refreshed

the first is to go into freenom settings
and return to their default NS and wait 24h
then put the custom NS back and wait at least 30min-24h

the other is to delete the domain from their system and then add it again
after that config. custom NS and then wait at least 30min-24h

then test here
and down on that test you should see written ns1.epizy

2 Likes