Stability issues on multiple servers (new accounts most affected)

This issue is getting worse not better. At this time it is essentially unusable as a hosting platform.
Would prefer not to have to move to another hosting platform but might have no choice if this isn’t resolved asap.

Can we please have an update on when this will be resolved.
These problems don’t just sort themselves out and asking your users to migrate to a new account to fix the issue is negligent.
What is being done to resolve this?

2 Likes

Please see:

We don’t know when this will be resolved, as it will only be fixed once enough people move their accounts over to stables servers.

I mean we can’t just add more storage and resources to a server that is currently in-use without making the problem worse, can we? And this is free hosting, so even if we could do that, who is going to pay for the better hardware?

Can you explain why? If we move users sites over manually, everyone who is using an external DNS provider will have a comply broken and unusable site. We are not going to do something that will create as many problems as it solves.

There is nothing that we can do to solve this, only the users on the affected servers can help solve it by moving there sites to unaffected servers.

Majority of websites can by transferred to a new server in just a few hours, and that is certainly faster then waiting around for others to do it first.

3 Likes

That is a shocking response.
If it’s part of your business model to offer free hosting, if that involves incurring additional costs to deliver a stable service then you should have the capacity to do so. You absolutely should be able to add more storage to any of your servers if required.
Again, negligent in offering this service and then not being able to manage and support it reliably.
This dismissive response only supports that.
It has not been made clear that the “only” solution was for users to move to a new account.
And expecting all your effected users to spend the “hours” doing so is again negligent.

Even if I wanted to migrate to a new account, currently FTP connections to the server are failing so I can’t even take a backup. So your only solution isn’t even an option right now.

Interesting that your pinned post underneath this one is asking people to submit a trustpilot review.
Happy to fulfil that request.

Then please take this as a lesson to always have a backup. Even if you are on paid hosting, hardware fails, and things happen. If you don’t have a backup, you really don’t own your own files, you are just using them.

And also note that adding and changing hardware on a production server is not an easy task. After buying the hardware and waiting for it to arrive, installing it often results in downtime, ranging anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks. So we really don’t want that either.

5 Likes

Support as helpful as your servers are reliable.
Currently the server is completely down.
Is it ever going to come back up?

Please note that this is a community forum, and none of us are getting paid to be here, we certainly do not want to help people that are rude to us.

You are correct, the servers listed in this topic are down, but it is quite unfair to say our servers are not reliable, as the number of servers that are having issues are only a small percentage, very few customers are actually affected.

As for when they will come back, your guess is as good as mine.

6 Likes

thought it would be nice to post here to all regarding current situation.

185.27.134.33, 185.27.134.34 ip’s will be gradually coming online and far faster than previously due to a new SSD cluster being brought online, that these IP’s use, unfortunately data does need to be migrated, so till fully migrated some sites will be offline.

185.27.134.55 and 185.27.134.57 are on the old disk cluster that is operating in a sub optimal manner, we will once 185.27.134.33, 185.27.134.34 have completed do the same. Sorry for the issues, its unfortunately hard to plan / expect everything in advance, however it is being worked on !

all the best
IfastNet

6 Likes

It means our site data is getting migrated to another server??

and i think it would not cause data lose but i checked my website it is showing 404 we could’nt find the page and my ip is 185.27.134.34

so is it due to data migration???

Yes. If iFastNet says that your account is down because the data is being migrated, that means your account is down because it’s being migrated.

Yes. Again, if we say migration is the reason, then migration is the reason.

The data is being migrated to the new storage cluster. The IP addresses have already been brought online on the new cluster, but the migration of data from the old cluster is still in progress. As data is being migrated, more and more websites will come online automatically.

5 Likes

A few hours ago, I got confirmation that hosting volume 17_1 / IP address 185.27.134.33 has been fully migrated! All sites on this IP should be back up now (with all data in-tact), and be quite a bit faster than before!

6 Likes

My site is still returning a 404 error, and when I open the File Manager there are no files.

WEBSITE IP
HOSTING VOLUME
vol17_1
HOME DIRECTORY
/home/vol17_1/epizy.com/epiz_32840165
CREATION DATE
2022-10-21

it means 185.27.134.34 will also get online soon ???

thanks for this #great information…

but still a doubt that is our data secured or not

If you read what Admin said, then yes.

It certainly is great information, but it’s not exclusive… anyone on the internet can see it.

If the migration goes well, which it appears that it is, then you should experience no data loss. However, it is always good practice to have a backup in the event that something goes wrong or your data is otherwise corrupted/lost.

5 Likes

when i was taking backup then it happens so i have no backup now

I would like to move my site http://janmaria.great-site.net , but actually I cannot access the files (and I have no backup). File manager and FTP shows empty and I get 404 error when I try to access the site from a browser. I was able to make a backup of a database, but without the files I cannot move the site :confused: Any suggestion how to do it?

… sorry I just saw the other post which states this problem…
I suppose then that without backup my only “solution” is to wait… :roll_eyes:

Just as a PSA to everyone:

Hosting volume vol17_2 (IP address 185.27.134.34) is currently being migrated from the old HDD storage cluster to the new SSD storage cluster. In the mean time, the system has been brought online on the new hardware.

As not all data has been migrated yet, sites that have not been migrated will see 404 errors on their website and empty files through FTP and the file manager.

If you have a copy of your files, you can create a new account and restore your website to it (you can still export the database from your old account).

If you don’t have a copy of your files (or don’t want to go through the trouble of rebuilding your site), all you can do is wait your website’s files to be migrated to the new storage. As soon as your files are migrated, your website will come back online automatically.

4 Likes

I’m combining both outage topics into one topic with more information on the current state.

If you have any questions, please ask them there.

4 Likes