Strange WordPress Activity Log Event

Good day,

I’m not yet sure if this is an issue, but just something I thought was rather strange and was curious about.

I run a WordPress site, and was doing some scheduled improvements when this popped up on my Activity Log:

Naturally, I looked up the IP address, since I haven’t shared the website with that many people, and even though it now appears in search results on Google, I doubt many people would be searching the correct keywords, but I guess you never know. Anyhow, I didn’t recognize the IP address as that of any of my confirmed users. However, I looked up the IP and it appears to be registered under iFastNet…

My first though was that maybe iFastNet has a bot that visits websites under its domain (the timestamp is oddly precise), but what would cause it to log an action that I’m pretty sure you have to be logged in to carry out?

I’d greatly appreciate further explanation or speculation.

Thanks,
Turtle84375

Wordpress isn’t secure
I recomend removing WordPress

Welllll… an awful lot of people use WordPress…

And I do have an active SSL certificate.

1 Like

ye ik
But like its popular
So hackers hack it

Sorry, but that’s not the answer I’m looking for :neutral_face:

1 Like

Sorry i just wabted to tell you that wordpress isnt really safe and you might be getring hacked

Thank you for your concern. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

With every new release of WordPress, the security is upgraded to the known threats. If you have one, please create an issue on github.

That’s definitely odd. Maybe Admin will have an answer when he come online.

1 Like

In the log entry, I see a few things:

• There is no user recorded for the activity.
  • The IP address listed there is the IP address your website is hosted on too.
  • The activity is deleting post changesets.
  • The activity was executed at the whole hour.

So my guess is that this is some kind of scheduled action from WordPress to clean up some old changesets, because it doesn’t really make sense to keep a record of every change ever made until the end of time.

2 Likes

Oh… that makes sense!

I never would have thought to check what my hosting account’s IP was.

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure I didn’t have some weird site security vulnerability.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.