Suggestions/Recommendations for a Domain Registrar

Hello,

I’m wondering if anyone knows of a good domain registrar.

One that doesnt:

• Charge ridiculously high renewal prices
  • Charge extra for stuff like WHOIS privacy and external DNS
  • Has decent customer support

I’m thinking of going with NameSilo (using InfinityFree’s affilate link, or course!) or NameCheap,

but does anyone else know other good domain registrars that they had a good experience with?

Thank you!

Edit: I should probably mention I already have a domain at Domain.com and want to transfer it, so please don’t mention that registrar, thanks!

1 Like
  1. Cheap (.com is less than ten dollars)
  2. WHOIS gard is completely free
  3. Renewal price is less than ten dollars a year as well.
  4. Custom support (email and live chat) is helpful and polite, even when you ask stupid questions.

NameCheap is the only provider I have exerperiance with, and it has been all positive. (They do charge a bit much for their website builder or to get email address, but there are better alternatives to those).

1 Like

Porkbun has .com domains for only $8.50 ish (renewals and transfers with 1 year free renewals are the same price) that includes free Whois protection and email, live chat, and phpne support. The only problem is that the support isn’t 24/7 but other than that they are a great domain registrar. An alternative is Dynadot which costs $9.99 (free whois protection, and same renewals and transfers) which offers a beautiful dashboard and provides 24/7 support.

2 Likes

NameSilo and NameCheap are both great choices. NameSilo is a little bit cheaper and has some candy features like custom WHOIS output. NameCheap provides better support. But both include all the basics for free and have overall quite good rates.

2 Likes

Thanks, this was all really helpful!

I think I heard somewhere that it’s only free for 1 year? It was a fairly updated article from late 2020… please correct me if I’m wrong!

I helped someone else register one there, and it said for life, but we also registered it during a sale, so who knows. I do think it is forever though.

1 Like

I believe WHOIS Guard was made completely free when the GDPR came into effect. Putting people’s names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses in a publicly visible (and easily scraped) interface isn’t a good way to treat people’s personal information.

Before that, it was free for a year and then a few dollars per year. Now, it’s free for all supported extensions.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.