Suspended after I uploaded some thumbnails to my gallery

i changed the page rule to this

i hope thats right

2 Likes

Well, if the page is not cached, it still places a load on the orgin server. The best thing to do is blacklist bad bots, and whitelist pages.

2 Likes

ive had this enabled for a long while

Not that. Actually blocking bots by header info and adding in page rules for select requests.

sounds complicated :thinking:

It kind of is, Oxy has a pretty good starting article on it.

1 Like

thanks

btw im still getting broken image placeholders (some not all) in my gallery and have no idea why

if you right click on one of them and open image in a new tab it displays fine so the thumbnail images are there

if I refresh the page then some that were broken display correctly and others that were ok are broken ???

I have not made any changes to the site content, I wish i knew what was going on and how to fix it

i noticed this after I added a page rule to try and cache everything in cloudflare :frowning:

hmmm now all the thumbnails are working again

i give up lol

1 Like

You have the same thing happening here

E508 and E503

As well as on several other topics…
Something is happening - which I guess should not

4 Likes

yeah its weird, my gallery page is a basic .html page that just has normal clickable links to the image with an image thumbnail

there is only one php file = index.php which loads which ever .html file was selected from the navigation.html buttons at the top

I think sys.admins will have to investigate that (topics)

2 Likes

thanks

Initially you only have ~12 REQs in that gallery

and then when you scroll down due to a lazy load
additional files are called and you end up somewhere at 186 REQs

but 508 gets triggered very quickly at less than 50 REQs

At first, I thought maybe CF sends tons of requests to origin
but there are other sites on other topics that do not use CF so this is not the cause.

3 Likes

should i remove lazyload ?

well i cant even try because my account is suspended again ! what is going on ???

something is very wrong, i dont want to get permenently banned from infinityfree
ive had no issues like this before, i cant understand this
this isnt something im doing :frowning:

1 Like

maybe something has gone screwy ???

3 Likes

Possibly. It will be discussed.

5 Likes

thanks

No - because by doing so you would then immediately request 180+ images from the server which would speed up the appearance of those 508 (suspensions)

It’s hard for me to say a meaningful answer because I don’t know if the problem is in the server calculations or you have some dynamic code on the page that “works too long” and doesn’t release the EP for other things or is something third…

I’m not even sure if CF managed to pull all those images into their cache
and I didn’t get to check what the TTL is and where it comes from

CDNs will also purge files from the cache early if the content is not requested for a while, or if a CDN customer manually purges certain content.

Maybe it’s all a combination of several circumstances

What you can do is optimize every image you have on the website by dragging and dropping it HERE

P.S. always save the originals as a backup

4 Likes