Suspended domain

Hi!

I created a CNAME for joan.picornell.me and now is telling me that the subdomain is suspended. I created and later deleted the subdomain, because it was a mistake and I only wanted a CNAME. I think there’s a A dns pointing to the subdomain that needs to be deleted.

Best Regards,
Joan.

Hello!

Your domain should be added from InfinityFree cPanel first, then it’s gonna be valid and will not redirect you to suspendeddomain.org.
Also, some information about IP: https://infinityfree.net/support/find-your-ip/

If you want to create a subdomain where you can upload a website to, please use the Subdomains section instead.

The Subdomains section also creates DNS records, but configures the web server as well, so the server can show a website on the domain. CNAME records are useful if you want to point a subdomain to an external server.

Thank you for your responses! I know that, it’s what i’ve done before. What I want to do is to have picornell.me and joan.picornell.me pointing to the same folder, not redirections and not new folders. Can this be done? Maybe with infinityfree it’s undoable, and I’ll understand.

Again, thank you for your responses!

@jopicornell said:
Thank you for your responses! I know that, it’s what i’ve done before. What I want to do is to have picornell.me and joan.picornell.me pointing to the same folder, not redirections and not new folders. Can this be done? Maybe with infinityfree it’s undoable, and I’ll understand.

I think it’s not even possible on everywhere.

I think there is no such DNS tool to help you with this, CNAME can’t just be pointed to a specific folder even A records.

The only solution that I can provide is to copy that specific folder from picornell.me to joan.picornell.me

If I got you right: you want joan.picornell.me to have same content as picornell.me without creating extra folders?

@jopicornell said:

It’s not possible to choose the website folder for a domain (usually called “document root”) on InfinityFree. That’s a premium only feature.

To serve a website from a directory, a web server needs to be configured accordingly. So it’s not possible to do that with just DNS records. DNS records just makes sure people connect to the right server, it doesn’t say anything about what or how the server responds to those connections.

@Admin it is probably would be possible with .htaccess file, if we only could edit the one that in our ftp root folder.

@MrJunior said:
@Admin it is probably would be possible with .htaccess file, if we only could edit the one that in our ftp root folder.

I Googled it and it doesn’t seem like setting the DocumentRoot of a domain is not something you can do with .htaccess rules. It’s important to note that only a small subset of Apache settings can be configured through .htaccess files (even with AllowOverride All).

Come to think of it, that would be quite dangerous. The DocumentRoot setting also controls which .htaccess files are loaded. So if you would have a .htaccess which changes the DocumentRoot, you would have to re-evaluate which .htaccess files should be loaded. Which could either result in an infinite loop (where a .htaccess file in the updated DocumentRoot would redirect back to the initial DocumentRoot) or a catch-22 (where the .htaccess file which changes the DocumentRoot is no longer applied to the new DocumentRoot).

Additionally, the open_basedir restriction on PHP would still prevent you from accessing files outside the previously configured website folder.

So no, a DocumentRoot needs to be set directly in the web server configuration.