Suspended for MySql Database usage limit

max number of people I expect to be online at a time is 25. I plan on keeping my channel relatively small to 100 members.
you can see how many actual members there are by the number of people that recommend main chat/chatroom

I could try turning on bot fight mode and deleting orphaned data left by deleting plugins but that’s as much as I can do on my end.

also does backing up site take up sql tasks?

But again, bots are going to increase that number.

That’s a lot of comments. Which means more database entries. Which means more time and processing space required to fetch each of them, which means you hit the limit faster.

Depends on how you do it. Don’t use backup plugins, that can cause an entirely new issue, and uses processing data. The best way is to take manual backups via PHP MyAdmin.

3 Likes

I backup via ftp client

That’s a lot of comments. Which means more database entries. Which means more time and processing space required to fetch each of them, which means you hit the limit faster.

would manually syncing fix the problem?

What do you mean by that? Ever time the page is requested, that SQL query is going to run, you can’t really prevent that.

2 Likes

I mean manually sync disqus comments, decided automatically syncing comments would take too much of a toll on server.

what is max number of comments infinityfree server can handle?

Oh, so those comments are not stored in your database? It may not make a difference then.

I was going to take a look at your site, but the URL you shared in the beginning is no longer in use, are you using a different one?

3 Likes

I still use the same url of degenerate-life.cf. I manually sync them from time to time to database so if something happens where I have to reset site, posts will remember how many comments they have originally. it is currently suspended rn

That was not the URL you shared in the beginning. But after the suspension is over, try the reset. Personally, I don’t think it will work. Are you suspended for SQL again?

Based on what you have been sharing, I think your site just requires too many resources for free hosting, especially based on the amount of content and plugins you have.

3 Likes

i moved to another account

yes, it is 2nd time I ever been suspended for it so far

last time I heard server could handle 20 plugins installed [I have currently less than 20 active though], site was fine before but what’s the max number of plugins server can handle with recent upgrade?

what cloudflare firewall rules can I use for wordpress?

Because you use WordPress, you cannot really cache anything or save bandwidth, you have to rely on blocking people. However, as you will learn, people get around blocks if they want.

I would recommend just turning on the “I’m under attack” mode. That will keep bots out fairly effectively.

2 Likes

I’ll try that and see what happens

what about this though? I heard you could implement further security measures

Well your source was incorrect. The server can handle 20 plugins that don’t require a lot of resources, but the amount those plugins get used also matters. There is no way to give a “this number of plugins is ok” answer. Generally, I would say no more then 15, unless they do simple things in a simple way.

A lot of them won’t work for WordPress because of how WordPress works. You can block by IP, requesting URL, etc, but in the end, bots that are cleverly disguised will make it through, and you might end up blocking good bots like the ones that belong to Google.

3 Likes

Well your source was incorrect. The server can handle 20 plugins that don’t require a lot of resources, but the amount those plugins get used also matters

I mean I had more plugins installed back then but never really ran into issues which is weird, and that was before hosting limits were doubled

You can block by IP, requesting URL

how can I block by requesting url?

I think it’s under “WAF” in the Cloudflare dashboard. You will want to set it up with “Request URI”.

1 Like

what’s that? and what setting should I use

if stop bad bots/I’m under attack mode doesn’t work then there is something wrong on either server end or an issue effecting everyone else, I have an gut feeling it’s not my fault

Unfortunately, we can’t confirm nor deny that. Our servers don’t track the information needed to accurately figure out who is at fault.

Since you moved to a new account and are still having the same issues, my guess is that the fault lies in your website. Whether we blame your plugins, theme, or visitors, I don’t know.

3 Likes

I am fine with blocking all bots, I invite most ppl through anime comments section of various anime streaming sites, how can I block all bots?