Suspension notice

I have the issue that I can’t do anything with the site, because it is constantly suspended. I can’t even cancel the account. It came back on at 10:22 this morning, and was dead at 11:07. On the dashboard it said it would go live at 11:09, so I was at the computer, ready to work on it and it was already gone. I wish I had a way to just cancel, because I’m just done with this stupid site.

I have the same problem with my blog The Modern Man and already twice! It is a simple Wordpress site and it can’t deal with it. Previously I had done the same with another free host and it had no troubles with it. I think that Infinity is better off calling this a “trial” rather than leading people to believe they can host free sites like in other places.

My advise is to look for another free host that won’t hassle you like this (already looking). I don’t think it does them well either, when I see this happening on my Free account, do you think I will consider upgrading to their paid version? No, on the contrary.

So, if you want a plain free Wordpress then go to WordPress.com, if you want your own plugins and more freedom then either pay for a cheap hosting elsewhere or find a free alternative out there that won’t give you this kind of problems. I know I had, just have to find out where it was because it was a few years ago.

Anyway, what they offer appears nice but I don’t think their servers can handle it. And if no traffic already gets your site suspended, then can you imagine having traffic?

1 Like

Please let me know if you find another alternative! I’m completely fed up.

1 Like

One thing you should look for (if it is free) that it should support Free SSL certificates because nowadays Google punishes sites that have no SSLcertificate (http instead of https).

Anyway, I haven’t visited your site yet but it is probably a WordPress site, right? I have used SmarterASP.net in the past and they were okay. They have various hosting plans, I linked here to their WordPress hosting which appears to be $2.95/month. Best of all you get a 60 day trial.

At the moment I am short of money so mine will have to wait, but if you can afford it, they have reasonable prices although at the time I was their customer, they were a bit slow on the customer support side… If I find something else I let you know.

Please note that many other free hosts are using the same platform as us, and will probably have the same limits.

Many people (Including myself) can host a fully functional site here. If you still want to call it a “trial”, that is fine.

I can recommend a paid host like Hostinger that would work for you, but I don’t know if you will be able to find a free host.
Thanks.

1 Like

Try using Asset cleanup (a lightweight plugin) to disable scripts and avoid using these plugins: 75 Slow WordPress Plugins That Impact PageSpeed + CPU Usage

1 Like

However not using Wordpress is another option. Wordpress is slow and is kind of like the Microsoft Word of CMS (there are 100s of features you would never use). Using something like Publii: The Best Static CMS for Bloggers or Mobirise for Business or Portfolio sites are better. Publii has a beautiful, simple drag and drop page builder and Wordpress importer. Mobirise allow you to customize the homepage similar to the Elementor Wordpress plugin. You can add anything like a contact form or a button.

Your account is active now so I took a quick look at your account and I see you have quite a large number of plugins, and there are traces of multiple backup plugins. Backup plugins generate a really high server load by having to create a full copy of your site, so can easily hit your IO limit. Please do not use backup plugins here.

Although, checking the statistics I’m also questioning whether the counters are being reset properly. I’ve asked iFastNet to investigate.

4 Likes

I’ve received confirmation that there was in fact an issue with the limit calculations. iFastNet say the issue has been fixed.

Your account has been up for a while now, so I think it helped!

2 Likes

Thank you! And thank you all for the suggestions. I’ll try all the things suggested.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll look into that.

2 Likes

I was live for a number of days, and now it has gone back to shutting down again. Can iFastNet check their limit calculations again? On the 17th I got this:
The resources that your site has used over 50% on is :

cpu warning

What does that mean? I wish I could get this issue resolved.

It means this:

The article will explain what it is, how it happens, and how to prevent it.

You could also turn on "I’m under attack " again in CloudFlare, if you suspect that this is bot behavior.

I suspect that this time the limit calculations are correct.
Can you please share the graphs again?
and also keep in mind that this is only 50% and you’re not suspended. Reaching half is fairly normal for any free hosting.

If you only have this single site and you’re having troubles with free hosting, then I recommend you spend less than $20 a year on the iFastNet “starter” deal, it’s super cheap for what you get, and you’re not forced into paying years in advance like with other hosts (such as BlueHost.)

http://infinityfree.net/go/ifastnet

2 Likes

These do look like more legitimate suspensions, as in, you’re actually getting suspended for crossing the limits for real; and you’re not constantly getting suspended.

Have you been getting a lot of visitors lately, or have lots of plugins?

Going back to what I said previously,

Try re-enabling CloudFlare, using caching, and removing plugins that arent nessesary.

Also check the analytics section in Cloudflare’s dashboard, that might help determine if lots of bots are accessing your site.

3 Likes

I removed the plugins suggested in robertz article above, so hopefully that will help.

1 Like

Also use Asset Cleanup to renove scripts (like elementor scripts on non elementor built pages).

Is that a plugin?

Yes, it is

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.