Suspension notice

Do you have a WordPress site?

What exactly are you getting suspended for?

Transfer everything to a new InfinityFree account, that helped me.

The ā€œUnder Attackā€ mode is not just for attacks. It can also help prevent bots and spammy users.

@FreeServices, Cloudflare Under Attack is already in use. Please check the site before responding.

2 Likes

I did, I meant to be responding to @MAVELL that @QuilterChic is using CloudFlare,
Whatever, Iā€™ll delete the reply now Xd

Iā€™m getting suspended for going over my daily limits.

Yes, I have a wordpress site.

Which limit, please? Can you please show the graphs?

Try doing that, see if it works ^^

WP sites can try and load a lot of things (Like cron jobs, updates, ect.) as soon as your site comes back online, and as it can sometimes try to run hundreds of tasks at the same time, it overloads the server and gets you suspended again. You can try @FreeServices suggestion if you have a backup of your site.

1 Like

What do you mean? Move the whole site overā€¦ again?

I canā€™t seem to get on long enough to try anything, actually.

So, you already did it before on a new InfinityFree account? If so, youā€™re website might be too big for free hosting, youā€™re best off upgrading to a premium service such as ifastnet.com

Can you please show the graphs, so we can further help you figure out the problem?

I transferred the site from another host. This is my first IF account.

So I see the issue is IO limit.

Read this article for an explenation:

If you keep getting suspended still, please do create a new InfinityFree account and transfer everything to it.

And if you transfer from a paid host to a free host, you can expect a quality drop.

1 Like

Thank you for the link. It seems others have the same issue. Yes, I expected a quality drop, but I significantly downsized the site before putting it over. When it shuts down after an hour I have a hard time catching it ā€œliveā€ to actually try to mitigate the problems.

2 Likes

I have the issue that I canā€™t do anything with the site, because it is constantly suspended. I canā€™t even cancel the account. It came back on at 10:22 this morning, and was dead at 11:07. On the dashboard it said it would go live at 11:09, so I was at the computer, ready to work on it and it was already gone. I wish I had a way to just cancel, because Iā€™m just done with this stupid site.

I have the same problem with my blog The Modern Man and already twice! It is a simple Wordpress site and it canā€™t deal with it. Previously I had done the same with another free host and it had no troubles with it. I think that Infinity is better off calling this a ā€œtrialā€ rather than leading people to believe they can host free sites like in other places.

My advise is to look for another free host that wonā€™t hassle you like this (already looking). I donā€™t think it does them well either, when I see this happening on my Free account, do you think I will consider upgrading to their paid version? No, on the contrary.

So, if you want a plain free Wordpress then go to WordPress.com, if you want your own plugins and more freedom then either pay for a cheap hosting elsewhere or find a free alternative out there that wonā€™t give you this kind of problems. I know I had, just have to find out where it was because it was a few years ago.

Anyway, what they offer appears nice but I donā€™t think their servers can handle it. And if no traffic already gets your site suspended, then can you imagine having traffic?

1 Like

Please let me know if you find another alternative! Iā€™m completely fed up.

1 Like

One thing you should look for (if it is free) that it should support Free SSL certificates because nowadays Google punishes sites that have no SSLcertificate (http instead of https).

Anyway, I havenā€™t visited your site yet but it is probably a WordPress site, right? I have used SmarterASP.net in the past and they were okay. They have various hosting plans, I linked here to their WordPress hosting which appears to be $2.95/month. Best of all you get a 60 day trial.

At the moment I am short of money so mine will have to wait, but if you can afford it, they have reasonable prices although at the time I was their customer, they were a bit slow on the customer support sideā€¦ If I find something else I let you know.

Please note that many other free hosts are using the same platform as us, and will probably have the same limits.

Many people (Including myself) can host a fully functional site here. If you still want to call it a ā€œtrialā€, that is fine.

I can recommend a paid host like Hostinger that would work for you, but I donā€™t know if you will be able to find a free host.
Thanks.

1 Like