The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers. You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate

My website URL is:

What I’m seeing is:

I’m using this software:

Additional information:

i keep getting a “not safe” from fb and sslshopper says this:

The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers. You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate.

i dont want to put my url so it wont show up on google

Same here. All of a sudden like a couple of minutes ago. Web site is www.neairaklitsa.gr It used to work like an hour ago…

This is normal. CA chains are not supported on free hosting. Most browsers will just accept the SSL certificate without CA chain and show you a green lock. If your visitors are using old browsers, or if you have an SSL vendor which is not trusted directly by browsers, you may still see SSL warnings. But for most sites and visitors, you don’t need the CA chain.

If you do want SSL with a CA chain, you can use Cloudflare to get SSL for your website, or upgrade to premium hosting, where you get both the ability to upload your own SSL with CA chain, or get free SSL automatically from Let’s Encrypt.

1 Like

So why is it that yesteday for an hour or so I got a green lock and then it got fixed without me doing anything. I have a comodo ssl with ca chain, however like you mentioned it accepted it so I had no problems. Then today again, like right now I get that it isn’t secure. When I use SSL checking websites, I get a certificate that ends in 4000+ days that is self signed and not the one I purchased. Then after some time, I get my certificate and the website works. Has this on and off something toto with CA Chains?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.