The SSL installation issue has been fixed

Many people have experienced problems in the last week with installing SSL certificates, or they were able to upload the certificates but they were not used.

This problem has been fixed now. Any previously uploaded certificates have been activated on their relevant domain names and uploading new certificates should be working now.

If SSL doesn’t work for you yet…

Please note that changing SSL certificates can take a few days to take effect. Browsers (notably Google Chrome) tend to cache SSL certificates, so your browser may still show errors long after the valid SSL certificate has been installed.

You can verify this by checking your website in Private Browsing mode (which circumvents caches) or by using a third party SSL checker service.

If the SSL checkers say your SSL certificate is valid, but you still don’t see a green lock, you need to wait for your browser’s cache to expire. It’s not a system issue, and there is nothing that can be done from the hosting side to fix it.

If you uploaded your SSL certificate, but SSL checkers say your certificate is still invalid after one hour, please reply to this topic with the domain name you’re experiencing the issue on.

SSL on my account epiz_21445054 is still not working.

It is working now.

Hi, mine’s still not working - epiz_21546205. Cheers

The problem is back. It’s not working now.

@ncc-lc said:
The problem is back. It’s not working now.

Same here, the server is not using my certificate, tried to use a new one, still not showing.

@ncc-lc said:

It’s working fine from here.

Just note that changing SSL certificates can take a few days to take effect. Browsers (notably Google Chrome) tend to cache SSL certificates, so your browser may still show errors long after the valid SSL certificate has been installed.

You can verify this by checking your website in Private Browsing mode (which circumvents caches) or by using a third party SSL checker service.

@Admin said:

@ncc-lc said:

Just note that changing SSL certificates can take a few days to take effect. Browsers (notably Google Chrome) tend to cache SSL certificates, so your browser may still show errors long after the valid SSL certificate has been installed.

It is still not working. I checked on different browsers and incognito too. I checked on third party site ssllabs.com too. When you access my site, please access without www prefix. I enabled Cloudflare SSL (Full) in order to enable access to my site from the www domain. But I disabled cloudflare on the non-www domain. That’s probably why you thought it was working.

It was working for a while as I mentioned in the previous comment, but then it again stopped working. I just checked again on browsers and on ssllabs.com, it is still not working. Please check. And check without www prefix.

My website is https://buygold.ga/ *(under development)
and the SSL certificate goes on and off sporadically :dizzy:

@ncc-lc said:

@Admin said:

@ncc-lc said:

It is still not working. I checked on different browsers and incognito too. I checked on third party site ssllabs.com too. When you access my site, please access without www prefix. I enabled Cloudflare SSL (Full) in order to enable access to my site from the www domain. But I disabled cloudflare on the non-www domain. That’s probably why you thought it was working.

It was working for a while as I mentioned in the previous comment, but then it again stopped working. I just checked again on browsers and on ssllabs.com, it is still not working. Please check. And check without www prefix.

I checked it and your Let’s Encrypt certificate seem to be installed correctly now.

@Carlos-Coelho said:

The domain is working fine from here. Did you read the post I wrote before as well?

Hello,

I’m still having problems with my ssl certificate. I reuploaded it and it worked for a while but now is not working again. My account: epiz_21654578

I kindly ask for assistance.

@Admin said:

@ncc-lc said:

@Admin said:

@ncc-lc said:

I checked it and your Let’s Encrypt certificate seem to be installed correctly now.

@Carlos-Coelho said:

The domain is working fine from here. Did you read the post I wrote before as well?

Thanks. It’s working now

@Admin The problem has not been completely fixed. Sometimes it was okay and later it was found to be not working. It was working for a while. And again it is not working now. It has been going like this for several days. I have just checked now and there is the invalid ssl certificate.

The previous “fix” turned out to be a simple workaround, and not a proper solution. So this topic is not entirely true.

https://forum.infinityfree.com/discussion/5067/ssl-installation-issues