The uploaded file could not be moved to wp-content/uploads/2017/09

can i ask somebody a simple question? on wordpress, this message means that you ran out of space on files?

The uploaded file could not be moved to wp-content/uploads/2017/09

What is the file permission?

i hadn’t check but i had those on my 2 previous accounts which i don’t really know. i couldn’t remember which settings but when i change it to 777, it doesn’t work. some says under wp_path. but when i wen to wp_path back then, there is no writing showing error. i think the name wp_path. i’m not sure. if i’m not mistaken. i’m not an expect so i don’t really know what those means

and mines said The uploaded file could not be moved to wp-content/uploads/2021/04 and i think 05. not the one i copy and past. but are those errors is the same? or each is different?

My first guess is that you hit a storage space limit. Perhaps you hit the limit of 30,000 inodes (files and directories) or that you disk usage was throttled (usually happens around 5 GB).

But you did not provide a website URL, domain name or username and the profile you’re using to post this doesn’t have any accounts, so I can’t check anything.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.