There has been a critical error on this website. After update from 5.7.2 to 5.8 WP

basiclog.ga

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘wp_enable_block_templates’ not found or invalid function name in /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_29201287/htdocs/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 303

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘wp_setup_widgets_block_editor’ not found or invalid function name in /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_29201287/htdocs/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 303

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function locate_block_template() in /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_29201287/htdocs/wp-includes/template.php:66 Stack trace: #0 /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_29201287/htdocs/wp-includes/template.php(416): get_query_template(‘frontpage’, Array) #1 /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_29201287/htdocs/wp-includes/template-loader.php(81): get_front_page_template() #2 /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_29201287/htdocs/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once(‘/home/vol9_5/ep…’) #3 /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_29201287/htdocs/index.php(17): require(‘/home/vol9_5/ep…’) #4 {main} thrown in /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_29201287/htdocs/wp-includes/template.php on line 66

So i decided to manually update my wordpress by pressing the button ‘update now’ or something like that. I had a version of wordpress 5.7.2 and i wanted to update it to 5.8… I tried to delete .maintenance file but it did not work. What should i do? I don’t want to lose my progress eh

Your first step should be to restore a backup.

If you don’t have one, it’ll be a pain to get your site working again, in some cases. Read this article for some troubleshooting tips:

In the future, please make backups before updating, in case something goes wrong, which most likely will happen.

2 Likes

Manually updating WordPress is the way to fix this. But then by “manual” I mean (and so do the official instructions from WordPress) I mean uploading the new WordPress files by hand over FTP, not clicking the automatic updater built into WordPress.

Doing that upgrade by hand will likely also fix your site.

1 Like

@Admin I’ve had the same problem and tried to fix it.

Now my account is suspended and I’m told my “website can no longer be hosted on free hosting unfrotunately due to overloading the server”.

1. Please don’t ping the Admin

2. Although I have never experienced that error, I think it means that the account was permanently suspended because you broke the limits too many times. You will want to wait for the admin for an absolute answer.

Thought you had solved the issue?

I had solved the proble. But following that I trying to clean up my website to avoid overusing again. I did the upgrade to wordpress 5.8 which created a bug and I overused resources while trying to fix the bug.

As a result, my account is now suspended and the reply to my ticket was that my “website can no longer be hosted on free hosting unfrotunately due to overloading the server”

:woman_shrugging:

i fixed the same problem without my account getting suspended in my case the only folder that has been affected due wordpress upgrade was wp-include so i just replaced the folder with backup i had (i don’t usually take backup but luckily i had 3 months old site backup) and somehow it worked

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.