There has been a critical error on your website

You say right I should wait for the update from infinityfree.com but what will happen if we do
goto to PHPMyAdmin to wp_options to core_updater.lock and delete core_updater.lock data?
if the error is occurred because of delete this file so then how can fix it?
I see this table in my database.

so how can I do this? I mean to say how can i find out which file is damaged?

I would recommend that you make a backup of the entire project. Then delete everything from wordpress using sofdtculus and install wordpress 5.4 (sofdtculus) or 5.5 (manually) again. Finally you will only have to overwrite with your backup. But it is too risky.

Which file is damaged is tricky. With the active Wordpress debug you can orient yourself why it will tell you.

the database which is already created on phpmysql with remain same? or not?

I try to find out the error by goto htdocs>find wp_config.php file and define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, true );

Have you seen the pinned topic? It has much things to do.

2 Likes

Since you explained that you updated your WordPress, then it’s quite obvious that you’d get this error because it is 13MB compressed. The max is 10MB. You’ll have to upload it manually.

2 Likes

If it has the same name and all the connections are the same, they should be kept.
But mistakes can happen and you lose everything.
In that case, the web administrator is responsible for what happens to him.

You also said here is size of wordpress si 13MB compressed so it will not update manually.

It only supports 10MB, otherwise you will have to use FTP to pass data.
You cannot modify them, because Infinityfree does not allow you.

Note: if it asks you for the core of a wordpress theme, when you go to the desktop it should appear to update or download the core.

Which is why you need to do it bit by bit.

For example
I want to override the WordPress like go to cpanel and use softaculus and remove WordPress old from there and install it again or just install again WordPress then what Happened?
the problem solve or become more critical?

That depends if you only want to have one, two or n wordpres installs.
In your case, surely the first option you comment on is the correct one.
That solves all kinds of problems.

If by doing this, you can visualize any type of default wordpress template, it means that it has gone well.

Now, if your current template continues with the same “critical” error, then you will have to follow what I said: Activate debugging …

2 Likes

Just upload core files of WordPress or Simply upload new version of wordpress from FTP to update
If you decide to upload core files only then be sure to choose the version which was previously installed.

As I said just reinstalling is not an option.
He can just re-upload the core files of his WordPress installation (the version he was using before updating from dashboard)
Or simply he can update by upload latest version files :slight_smile:

I use this site as a prototype.
I have another question about the service. is this the hosting of this site is good for a professional site?
I want to launch a site here.
a lot of content may be handle here easily. or this site hosting is good for prototype sites?

This site is good for personal websites or small businesses, but if your a big business or you want a huge and dynamic site, it’s not recommended.

1 Like

its means small blogger can use this site for start blogging and after some earn they may be buys hosting. Am I right?

Yes

2 Likes

that good it may be handle 25k visitor per month.
We thing to start something interesting from here. by launch a site of blog.

1 Like