Trouble adding custom domain

epiz_27096081

portfolio-simony.infinityfreeapp.com

Hello there,

I am having trouble connecting the above mentioned domain to a custom domain which I bought through Strato.

I understand that I have to add infinityfree’s DNS name server to the domain-provider (in this case Strato). If I do so, I get the following error message from Strato: “An error has occurred. The specified name server is not responsible for this domain.”

Does anyone know, why this is happening and what to do about it?
I already have another domain on that same infinity account using a custom domain from another provider (in this case IONOS) as well and there it was no problem setting up the name-servers.

Hope anyone can help.
Kind regards,
Andrea

Since you have posted vague question, I can only refer you to these

1 Like

This topic may be relevant too:

1 Like

Hello there and thank you for your reply.
The domain I want to use for the above mentioned website is a .com - domain, just the domain-provider is German. And you said “Even though you can point the domain name to our servers” - that’S exactly the problem. I CAN NOT point the domain name to infinity free’s server, because I get an error when I add the DNS names to the domain provider. And I was wondering If there is any other way, to connect my custom domain to the infinity free webspace?

Kind regards,
Andrea

Change domain registrar?

This is probably stopping you.

You can transfer your domain to someone else, and set your nameservers on a provider that allows it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.