Unable to access File Manager. Prompts for login info!

Username: epiz_28487318

(please specify the website or account you are asking about)

Error Message

There is NO error message. When I click File Manager from the client area, a Login pop-up appears asking for username/ password, etc. Normally, I’m able to access File Manager directly from the InfinityFree.Net client area. I’m teaching a web development course, and students in my class are experiencing the same issue.

Other Information

Can someone check on access to the MONSTA File Manager? I’m unable to access File Manager directly from the InfinityFree.Net client area. Usually, I’m able to access with no problems. I’m teaching a web development course, and I’ve had students also bring this to my attention.

Can you check the services and follow-up? Thank you!

Shouldn’t he log in directly? I can’t log in after logging in myselfQQ截图20210519021244

Please read:

3 Likes

How to solve it

Unless something has changed, I should be able to access File Manager directly from the InfinityFree client area. Upon clicking File Manager, that usually takes me to my root /htdocs folder. Instead, I receive a pop-up prompt to enter my login information.

I can’t use it since the morning

1 Like

Thanks @TigerMANEK426, I saw that upgrade notice and figured they are related. Do we know if someone is following up on the cleanup activities post upgrade/ fixing issues such as File Manager and others???

Mine also has a problem

Mine too. Give them time. FTP welcome message log for me:

220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 3223 of 6900 allowed.
220-Local time is now 13:09. Server port: 21.
220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
220 You will be disconnected after 60 seconds of inactivity.
COMMAND:> USER epiz_28642365
331 User epiz_28642365 OK. Password required
COMMAND:> PASS ********
ERROR:> Interrupted
ERROR:> Can’t login. Disconnecting…

220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 4859 of 6900 allowed.
220-Local time is now 14:37. Server port: 21.
220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
220 You will be disconnected after 60 seconds of inactivity.
COMMAND:> USER epiz_28642365
331 User epiz_28642365 OK. Password required
COMMAND:> PASS ********

I think what we can gather from the increasing concurrent FTP user number is that this is likely affecting a lot of people. Not everyone is posting here, but the increase from 3200 to 4800 concurrent users seems telling to me given the error is a hung login @ PASS command.

Just wait for the repair, but the website is still usable

@P_Barton @muhanyunkeji @DeadDuck

Please wait for the issue to be solved; There is no need to tell us thats its not working for you :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

ok

https://ibb.co/xzsFtLM

1 Like

Please check pinned topic… (guys this is not my real reply check edit history to see real one)

Flaming messages aside due to improper (though common) forum ediquite, thank you for your post.

This is the first and only post I’ve seen that shows the same issues/error as I see on my side as opposed to the more common error “421 Home directory not available” mentioned explicitly in the pinned topic which isn’t what we’re seeing exactly, though probably caused by the same updates (by conjecture only at this point).

Anyway, thank you.

EDIT: Ha, the prior aforementioned post was edited to be much more polite. Glad to see it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Everyone is facing the same issue. iFastNet is currently experiencing downtime.

Username epiz_26944654, website www.mezzab.com.ar

(please specify the website or account you are asking about)

Error Message

“Error! Could not read line from socket”

Other Information

The login was automatic before, I don’t know what’s going on.

Please read the pinned topic before posting.

3 Likes

Hello today at around 14:30 utc I was editing my site through the fillet manager, until out of the blue when I went to save a file it gave me an unknown error which forced me to reload the page then gave me a 404 Nginx error and stayed on that for the next few 5 minutes then the file manager page was loaded more this time, he asked me to login ftp then I put my data in error so I decided to talk to my brother who also has an infinity free account and he reported the same problem, as I did do I solve?