Unable to connect to FTP

Unable to connect to FTP server using FTP client (Winscp). I keep getting time our error. The problem persists even after changing the account password.

A timeout error could be some kind of connection issue between your computer and our FTP servers.

To see what’s going on, could you please share:

• The connection logs of your FTP client? I don’t know if WinSCP makes them easy to access, but FileZilla (another free FTP client) does.
  • A tracert from your computer to ftpupload.net?

Unable to connect to FTP server using FTP client (Winscp). I keep getting time our error. The problem persists even after changing the account password.

Filezilla Log :

Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server

Tracert log :

tracert ftpupload.net

Tracing route to ftpupload.net [185.27.134.11]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 3 ms www.routerlogin.com [10.0.0.1]
2 45 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
3 241 ms 12 ms 9 ms 125.21.2.5
4 427 ms 141 ms 137 ms 182.79.245.53
5 155 ms 164 ms 152 ms 213.242.116.157
6 259 ms 167 ms 167 ms ae-4-4.bear1.Manchesteruk2.Level3.net [4.69.167.41]
7 325 ms 231 ms 240 ms WILDCARD-UK.bear1.Manchesteruk2.Level3.net [195.50.121.134]
8 464 ms 199 ms 196 ms 31.22.6.27
9 445 ms 406 ms 406 ms cust.te3-1.cr-4.rel.ncl.wildcard.net.uk [31.22.6.126]
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Thank you for including the information. The tracert shows that you can connect to our servers, which at least tells me that our IP address has not been blocked on your end (yes, some providers did that).

However, the FileZilla output doesn’t really tell me anything useful. I believe FileZilla reduced the amount of logging they did recently. Can you please open FileZilla, go to Edit → Settings → Debug and change the “Debug information in message log” to “2 - Info” and try again? That should produce a little bit more output which might help us figure out where in the connection the issue occurs.

Admin how can you not see that there are tons of issues right now? FTP is not working for many, sites not accessible, db/cron issues, etc. Are these things you can help with or do you need ifastnet to fix?

I see there are plenty of issues. A “ton” might be a bit excessive, but I will say that there are many things right now which are down or don’t work as they should.

Like who, except for @Rxm3499 right now?

Like I posted on many other topics, some IP addresses are nullrouted. I never denied this problem exist, but I will deny that this problem affects your FTP access.

I have not been able to confirm this problem exists right now.

The cron implementation is a bit meh. I know of one topic where it didn’t work for someone. But if there is only one person experiencing the issue, I would like to rule out any issue with the user code first.

iFastNet maintains the infrastructure, there is not that much I can do from my end.

Maybe you should look for a new infrastructure provider since ifastnet has been having so many problems? Not trying to be a smart aleck but you have to realize how frustrating this is for all the users.

I changed the settings as you asked me to and I still get the same error log. I have pasted the error log below once again.

Filezilla Log :

Hi! this is my first post i’m from Argentina, please excuse my english :). In order to not create a new thread i post my problem here.

The only thing i’know is that this hosting was great so far, but since yesterday (maybe more …?) my humble site (www.lightbug.epizy.com) stop working. So, I went to my FTP software (Filezilla) and tried to connect to the site ftp, i don’t know, maybe reuploading the whole thing was the solution, but no, the message i get is:

Status: Connection attempt failed with “ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server”.
Status: Connection attempt failed with “ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server”.

Thanks in advance!

It seems like i can’t put more than two links, so i have added the “(dot)”

I know that this is very frustrating. However, these issues seem to be quite recent. We’ve been working with iFastNet for years with very few problems. I don’t like either how unreliable the service has been recently, but to jump ship and take the gamble with another provider seems a bit excessive right now.

The FTP servers are down right now, so I can’t check it, but I think the “2 - Info” logging level should produce some additional output. Note that, at least on my machine, the setting was reset when I closed and reopened FileZilla.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.