Unable to delete folder

my website is http://galaxip.epizy.com

i also have an alias setup as http://galaxip.ml

both are working fine

galaxip.ml used to be an add on domain but i deleted that and changed it to a parked domain so that it shows my main website now

the issue now is that i have a left over directory in my root called galaxip.ml which i cannot remove with either of sites file managers or via ftp (filezilla)

trying to remove galaxip.ml directory from filezilla gives the following error

Command: RMD galaxip.ml
Response: 550 Can’t remove directory: Directory not empty

if I enter the galaxip.ml directory and try to delete htdocs i get the following error

Command: RMD htdocs
Response: 550 Can’t remove directory: Permission denied

ive tried the 777 permissions sledgehammer on the directorys but still im being blocked from removing this directory

any idea guys ?

My website URL is: galaxip.epizy.com

What I’m seeing is:

i had registered an addon domain called galaxip.ml but then realised what i really needed was an alias so I deleted the galaxip.ml addon domain and added galaxip.ml as an alias

galaxip.ml alias is working fine and shows my main site content at galaxip.epizy.com

the issue i have now is that in my root directory i still have the old galaxip.ml addon domain directory and im unable to delete it

I’m using this software:

ive tried the file manager on infinity free and the file manager on epizy.com both are unable to remove the directory

ive also tried removing it with filezilla which gives the following errors

when trying to remove galaxip.ml I get

Command: RMD galaxip.ml
Response: 550 Can’t remove directory: Directory not empty

if i enter galaxip.ml directory and try to remove htdocs i get this

Command: RMD htdocs
Response: 550 Can’t remove directory: Permission denied

can anyone help find a solution to remove this directory ? thanks

btw I already posted this message but it seemed to disapeer ? so if its a duplicate then im sorry

EDIT

Just found out that galaxip.ml is no longer displaying my main website , it just shows a blank page ???

If you feel like your issue is not getting any attention in a reasonable time (a few days), please feel free to bump your topic. But please don’t repeat the same question, because then people might just think it’s someone who can’t be bothered to read existing topics, rather than someone whose single question is getting ignored.

The directory of galaxip.ml cannot be delete because your account user doesn’t have permission to do so. In the past, folders of domains had to be created in a way they could not be deleted. This has been changed since then, but old directories still cannot be deleted.

There is sadly no way around this, so I’m sorry to say you will just have to ignore these few empty directories on your account.

The domain name is no longer assigned to a hosting account. Please add it to your account again to fix that issue.

thanks I fixed the galaxip.ml alias , i probably removed it while trying to delete the directory

im still having the same issue, heres a screenshot

Im only guessing but I think the web hosting is thinking its an addon domain instead of an alias so its not allowing me to delete the directory ???

has anyone come across this problem before ? I would love to resolve it

Doesn’t this part of my previous reply answer your question?

im not fully understanding this but here goes

are you saying that when I add an addon domain (galaxip.ml in this case) and the directory is automatically created by your system for that addon domain … when i remove an addon domain the directory isnt removed by your system and theres no way to remove it ?

Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: yes, for your domain specifically. New accounts/domains are created in a different way so you can delete those directories whenever you want. But directories created before that change cannot be deleted ever (without creating a new account and moving everything).

sorry im learning things (slowly lol)

thank you so much for your help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.