Updating failed. You are probably offline

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

https://edu.lyceumacademy.in/

Error Message

Updating failed. You are probably offline.

Other Information

I had recently installed WordPress to my subdomain & now I am unable to publish or save draft of any of my newly created pages. Please help.

This?

5 Likes

Tried this. But steps are fine in my case.

This?

6 Likes

Oh Yes I did install really simple SSL. However, it asked me to make a change to wpconfig file which is shown below:

But after this when I login to wp-admin, the website crashes

The website and WP Admin login page is working fine, and HTTPS is forced for visitors. So what every setup you have right now is working, you don’t need to the change anything else.

6 Likes

So how can I get my page edits updated? Anyone?

Even I had uninstalled and reinstalled the website to check whether that would solve the issue. But no use. Is it an issue when using Softaculous installer, because I have never had this problem in any other hosting. Is there any alternative method to install wordpress in Infinity free?

Are you sure you read this?

If not, read again

This may help as well

5 Likes

This issue cropped up due to the way you use CloudFlare.
Read the articles that I have posted

2 Likes

Ok. I had made the changes to cloudflare account as mentioned. Set to flexible, always rewrite OFF & always https OFF. Now when I try to configure SSL certificate, should I provide Certificate & Private Key in Infinityfree or Cloudflare?

If you use CloudFlare flexible mode, there is no need to install SSL cert.
You only need to provide Certificate & Private Key in Infinityfree when using CloudFlare full mode.
Please read instructions carefully…

2 Likes

Thanks. It worked. Iam able to publish my edits. But there is an issue.

The login page looks like this & when I enter into the dashboard, it is the same:

Please help.

You have mixed content issue
Follow this guide

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.