Uploaded files have a size of 0 bytes

That’s correct. We don’t inform people of automated decisions made by the abuse detection systems, because this can be used to study the inner workings of the system and be used to try to circumvent it.

No, once the cap is applied, it’s permanent. You need to reduce your disk usage below 5 GB, because you cannot upload anything past that limit.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the honesty, but am rather disappointed nonetheless.

I opted for InfinityFree because it advertises unrestricted disk space, and the size of my website on my local machine is approx. 8 GB (with annual growth at most 10%). Reducing my website to less than 5 GB defies its purpose. And I’m surprised that you let automatic decisions prevail over human ones.
Apparently, the only solution for me to work with InfinityFree is to start all over under a new alias, and then upload my website in stages instead of in a single bulk upload.

Anyway, now that the issue is clear, I need to check with my relations how to proceed. Thank you again for your clarity,

In some cases (notably account suspensions), we do provide the opportunity to request an appeal. However, reviewing accounts, websites, people and use cases by hand takes staff time, and staff time is a valuable asset. Because of that, we don’t provide additional features to accounts by request, because checking those requests is just too costly.

Feel free to try, but it’s very likely that your disk usage will be capped again. If your site relies on a 7GB+ image gallery, you may want to find different hosting for it. You can try to find a free service with more relaxed disk space usage terms to host the site, or perhaps you could host the images separately from the main website.

2 Likes

Also, You can use Google drive free, 15gb is good, for your 8gb, and good for a bit of your annual growth

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.