Uploading WordPress

Hi
I created a local WordPress site on my computer, then I uploaded it to this hosting.
I have followed this article, but currently my site always returns HTTP ERROR 500.
Does anyone know why?
My site URL: elementor-plugin.rf.gd
Thank you very much

Try installing WordPress through Softaculous and see if it works. Try going through the article again to see if it works.

I would suggest using a WordPress plugin to migrate. All In One Migration is the best option I can recommend. The following guide might be useful. (External Paste - templatetoaster.com).

It is a popular plugin with more than 900,000 active installs and a rating of 4.8. It exports your WordPress website including the database, media files, plugins, and themes. You need no technical knowledge for this. The steps you will follow to migrate your site to a live server are as:

Step 1: Install and Activate the plugin.

Step 2: After activating it, you can see an option named All-in-One WP Migration in the left pane of your WordPress Dashboard. Click on Export and it will open an Export Site window as shown below.

Here, it will ask you about the format in which you want to Export your localhost site. Suppose you select File. then, it will prompt you to Download Localhost with information of file size as shown below.

Click Download Localhost.

Step 3: Now, log into cPanel. Install WordPress on the destination server and then, All-In-One WP Migration plugin from the dashboard. Activate it. Once activated, navigate to left pane of the dashboard and Click Import option under All-In-One WP Migration section.

Here, select the same format to Import the local site as selected in Step 2.

Step 4: Select the database file you created in step 2 from the browse button as shown below.

Step 5: It will prompt you before Importing the localhost file as shown below. If you have taken the backup of your site and sure to move it, click Proceed.

That’s it!! Your site is live now. It is really simple to move your site from localhost to server with All-In-One WP Migration.

1 Like

You should try this

This is a big no no on free hosting. Your account will get suspended easily.

2 Likes

yes you are right

This guide in the docs may work. Also, @Mushlih how big is your website?

The Moving WordPress article shared by @wackyblackie is definitely the best guide to follow.

There are plenty of backup and migration plugins, but restoring backups with systems like that on free hosting tends to cause problems with PHP time limits, upload limits, file size limits and other restrictions that can interrupt the imports and exports and leave you with a backup that cannot be restored.

Just moving the files and databases isn’t necessarily the easiest or fastest method to move a site, but it’s the only one which is guaranteed to work with websites of any size.

4 Likes

@Mushlih is already using this guide for migration. He should be debugging HTTP 500 error

Thank you very much all!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.