Useful Links for Newbies

Well. It depends on my mood.
Besides, i read things even if they’re long,unless it’s sarcastic or I’m not in a good motivation :disappointed:
(you looked for admit. I admitted it)

1 Like

Really thank you,I will link this for all newbies who create a topic.(Request to @Admin to Pin it globally )

Great write up. Nice.

Do you mind writing a section about how DNS propogation is not instant? Don’t feel you have to, It’s just something I feel I explain a lot (+ How to help stop cache or bypass cache and stuff) & Also, Noice.

5 Likes

Sure I will add it to the DNS Section!

2 Likes

Nice post! :+1:

Regarding the Email Management section, please include this explanation by the admin:

Remember to put alternatives like Zoho mail (for non-freenom users) and Yandex (for all users! :partying_face:)

Also, please include about using Filezilla when accessing FTP as it is a better way for downloading files as well as uploading multiple files quicker.

On the other hand, I really like this post. Pretty much summarizes nearly all questions users have. I don’t really like long posts that much, but this one actually got my attention (which doesn’t happen so often) :+1:

4 Likes

Nice write up. Excellent for beginners!!!

3 Likes

I’m a bit torn on whether to pin this.

This post provides a really good overview of the different support articles and posts available, and probably makes everything easier to navigate for people (rather than just getting the full list of articles shoved in their face).

But having a forum post to index the KB articles seems like an indication of a problem with the KB itself. If so, maybe it would be more useful to improve the source rather than write an article here.

I’m also curious as to how much this will actually help. For the different types of suspensions and the DNS propagation issue, there are very clear banners in the client area with information and KB article links tailored to the specific use case. And even though everything funnels into those banners, cards and links, people still feel urged to beeline their way to the Create Topic button. I suspect that these people are so focused on “I need to contact support”, that they are completely blind to any extremely obvious solutions which help them in a much better way.

7 Likes

Actually People never tend to have a look at the KB,instead they just create a topic and we direct them to have a look at the KB.

This may help

May be for new users in this forum a Banner(with link to KB ) can be forced for a day .

3 Likes

As said, there’s no need to forced for few days.

okay atleast for a day

But why?

They gotta learn to look in the KB before creating a new topic

:expressionless: :+1:

3 Likes

That can break many sites, Including the initial wordpress code.

I meant to be forced in Forum and not in Vpanel or in websites

No need.

I agree.
Something like this banner at the top:

" Have you ever try to find your problem the in our Knowledge Base? Click here(link) if still not "

With a dismiss button so that it will not be too annoying. What do you all think about this? :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah.It should work,

Or maybe like,when newbies create a topic,a link to Kb in preview area?

When i joined this forum for first i saw a banner like that before.
Guess people are blind then.

2 Likes