Useful Links for Newbies

I agree.
Something like this banner at the top:

" Have you ever try to find your problem the in our Knowledge Base? Click here(link) if still not "

With a dismiss button so that it will not be too annoying. What do you all think about this? :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah.It should work,

Or maybe like,when newbies create a topic,a link to Kb in preview area?

When i joined this forum for first i saw a banner like that before.
Guess people are blind then.

2 Likes

I cant remember that it was already existed before. But if so, maybe make the banner more noticeable. ( I think so )

We need a community guidelines + A BIG banner so that people dont flood here without seeing kb

3 Likes

Some people don’t know about the KB articles. Even though it’s on the menu bar it doesn’t stick out much. Even if people knew about them, most people would probably prefer having a support chat instead without even reading the articles because it’s much easier (according to them) having someone understand the issue to resolve it. But maybe what I suggest may help:

Just like when you type up a link that’s already been posted, you get a notification:

why not do the same before someone creates a topic? Maybe something like this:

It may not help a lot, but it will reduce the amount of same topics being posted again and again.

4 Likes

This is a very useful topic for newcomers…thanks

In addition, why don’t people read the knowledge base… This is a human issue, for example, when you buy a product, will you read the instruction manual?

Really few people can read

The reason why a newcomer is a newcomer is that there are many problems, especially in the early stage

Hear hear.

There was a banner before, but it was quite small and removing it didn’t really lead to notably more easy to answer question.

Like I said, once people have their mind set on contacting support, they will do anything to do that, even if it is made ABUNDANTLY clear that that is not what they should do.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.