Using OpenGraph meta tags

Username or Website URL

(hidden to protect privacy)

Other Information

I would like to know if I can use OpenGraph and Twitter meta tags for social. I know that /aes.js prevents non-browsers from accessing my site, but I do not know if there is a workaround. Just so you know, I do have Cloudflare on my domain and I have read “A Full Guide to Cloudflare”, but I only understood the first half of the article.

Try it. It is not against the TOS, and the worst that can happen is that it doesn’t work.

What part of the article do you not understand? I would be happy to help! Cloudflare also should be able to get around the aes.js restriction.

1 Like

I do not understand how to bypass /aes.js. All other things work (ex. SSL, Nameservers, IP). If I can bypass the SlowAES, can I cURL my website or not?

@wackyblackie, do you think this is quite useful for you?
What You Need to Know About Open Graph Meta Tags for Total Facebook and Twitter Mastery (neilpatel.com)

I already know which meta tags to use and where, and actually, I did come across that link, so thanks.
I’m just wondering, most of these site-crawlers cant run JavaScript and store cookies, therefore it wouldn’t work with my site, correct?

1 Like

It varies depending on the crawler. Search engine crawlers probably work fine, but many websites use the information for preview cards too (including Discourse - like this).

Those preview cards likely won’t work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.