Various system issues (DNS, SSL, FTP, etc.) starting May 15

ok, will create a new post. Or do you mean create a new certificate?

1 Like

Can you move this piece f topic to another topic?

A new post in the forum

:thinking:

FYI @Greenreader9 I’ve been busy with confirming this original issue is indeed closed and had assumed mine was unrelated and opened another thread. However, in light of the following:

1. My SSL issue started after this post was considered “resolved”.
  2. @aKEtyPho’s identical SSL issue.
  3. Your deduction that my situation is “kind of weird” (in my thread).

Perhaps we cannot confirm yet that this post’s issue is fully resolved? @Admin FYI

Linking mine here as well for others to find:

2 Likes

Linking another seemingly identical SSL issue:

@Admin can we please get your opinion on the matter? I’m patiently waiting but haven’t heard from you in awhile :slight_smile: .

PS found a small difference between my two free accounts that have SSL working and the one that keeps returning ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR:

• Working account are on hosting volume vol10_2
  • New failing account is on hosting volume vol16_2

Maybe has nothing to do with it, just throwing in whatever information I can find :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Try just… waiting

@OverloadedTech I don’t mind waiting, but normally someone in a position to fix needs to first be aware of a problem and acknowledge they are working to fix it :slight_smile: otherwise you’d be waiting quite a long time…

2 Likes

Interesting, @tsemer. It appears that my hosting volume is on vol16_2 and the SSL for it does not work. Hopefully iFastNet and @Admin can keep us updated on this topic.

P.S. I am getting the same error as you: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing that to attention @tsemer and @wackyblackie!

1 Like

What evidence do you have that makes you sure that the hosting volume is the issue?

I’m not saying you’re wrong. But all you have provided so far is your statement than one account works and another account doesn’t, and that the volume is different, and that therefore the volume is the determining factor. Many other things may also be different.

And the fact that hosting volumes only control files, not web traffic.

Here’s another user from vol16_2 unable to activate SSL. Followed all instructons thoroughly (adding CNAME records, Private Key and Certificate in required places) but still seeing these errors:

More than 24h have already passed.

1 Like

Hi admin, I’m afraid I have no evidence, which is why I specifically wrote:

Maybe has nothing to do with it, just throwing in whatever information I can find :sweat_smile:

So could indeed be completely unrelated.

If you would like any help in analyzing anything please don’t hesitate to ask, will be happy to help.

2 Likes

HI! my site : http://www.fustosmeheszet.epizy.com/ show HTTP ERROR 500

it is connect with these issues, or something else?

( on cpanel, i cant change php version (nothing happens), and i cant use alter php too - i got error message only. - So i think maybe the problem is not with the drupal codes… - but who knows. )

Other sites, nearly the same drupal code works fine… So i cant understand, what happening…

I can reach the site mysql database, and the ftp too. There no problem with them as i see…
But i cant open the site…

Welcome back @FmBee12!
Check this out:
Http error 500 - Docs - InfinityFree Forum

3 Likes

Huzzah! SSL is working on my site, smslaunch.epizy.com!
@OverloadedTech, your idea of “waiting” worked.

Thank you iFastNet for fixing the issues with your newly upgraded servers!

1 Like

uh your services will have this issue as well, since you are a bootleg of infiniyfree

I have a login page on my site and it was up and running yesterday, but today, when I log in, it takes me back to the home page and when I sign up for a new account, I don’t receive the activation message. Is this an InfinityFree system bug or what?

Are you referring to the login page and registration flow on your own website?

Because if so, there are many reasons why this could happen, and I can’t immediately identify it as a hosting issue, let alone a known outage.

Can you please describe the issue in more detail in a new topic? It would help a lot if your could provide specific URLs, screenshots and reproduction steps.

@Admin

I re-uploaded the site files again and I will see if the problem is in the script or hosting, and I created a topic two hours ago and no one answered me