Various system issues (DNS, SSL, FTP, etc.) starting May 15

Been what, 18 hours now for me? I think my site has been offline almost as much as online since creation (though it’s new, only 2 days old), still. Makes you think about their 99.9% uptime claim in main page like it’s just a meme. It probably is a meme more broadly come to think of it [insert clever IT inside joke here about uptime], but yeah, jokes aside, sad times folks. :frowning:

3 Likes

Wait and the problem will be solved we can do nothing

Issues like this sometimes happen, no matter on the uptime. We’re living with a technology which its downtimes sometimes take so long to fix.
We have to be patient until it fixes.

3 Likes

Yes

Correct, that’s what I mean when I say it’s a meme. 99.9% uptime means that for every day it’s offline, it’s online for 999 days (basically this should be a once in about 3 years type outage to lay claim to 99.9% uptime). Search the forums though, all outages may not affect all users, but it’s pretty common. Easiest (probably fairest) metric would be to look at the support posts/month vs. the other categories. This is why I say it’s a meme: it lost it’s numerical meaning somewhere along the way.

3 Likes

It’s solved ASAP. It can take anywhere from an hour to a few days. I don’t know the root cause or what needs to be done to fix it.

4 Likes

Hi but I didn’t understand what the problem was with infinityfree, by chance the growth of sites and that some are down right? P.S: My site is Online it didn’t work the account creation

I heard some noise about the platform being at capacity already, which caused some other recent issues. This may have been an attempt to fix it which didn’t go so well.

1 Like

Will you guys be posting on here when the servers are up and running again? Hopefully you guys can solve the issue soon! Because I use Dreamweaver and everytime I try to connect it says there is an FTP error

By what time FTP Error will be solved ?

1 Like

This is the error message I am getting, is this from the FTP servers being down right now?

see this.

its been 1 hour after it so should we have to wait for few days now ?

yep, the FTP servers are down right now, iFastNet is working on it
here is a quote from the original post by admin

3 Likes

no one really knows, you just need to wait.

ok thanks

do the admins usually post on forums when servers are back up and running again? sorry new to the forums page

idk, pretty sure they do
this post is now useless. see the quote below:

1 Like

I try to do so. But iFastNet is responsible for fixing it and they tend to not be very proactive in their communication. So my announcement may come some time after the issue was actually fixed.

3 Likes

alright good to know! thank you so much!