FTP Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity

MySQL Password : (Same as your current vistaPanel Password)

I have no idea what a vistapanel password is. How do i know this ?

Open the control panel, select your hosting account, then select MySQL from the sidebar. Your password will be disaplyed in on-screen.

4 Likes

Thank you that worked. Another question. In zilla, im following the instructions on how to view files with ftp . i created a new site and i pressed connect it wont connect for me.

it shows this:

Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server

Try replacing ftpupload.net with ftp.epizy.com. You may have to bypass a security certificate warning.

3 Likes

Nope, same error. Do i have to upload the script files via file manager before i do this?

No, you should not have to, but can try it if you would like.

Here is some more information:

4 Likes

Not working - tried everything

It says to ask forums and give full debug logs. I tried resetting password and everything

In the logs, you can see that the FTP hostnames resolves to the correct IP address (which means trying another FTP hostname won’t work) and that FileZilla is unable to set up any connection to the FTP server, which means it’s not related to your account specifically because FileZilla isn’t even able to begin the login process.

Last time we saw issues like this it was caused by a virus scanner, firewall or other “security” product blocking access to our FTP server. It could also be that FTP access is disabled on your network entirely.

Please try disabling any security software on your own computer and connect over a VPN. That should circumvent anything trying to block the FTP connection on your end.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.