Web page down and still a Usage warning?

My website URL is:

www.jrsv.net

currently, I am a user affected by the recent 525 errors, it has been down for more than a week, however today I receive a usage warning. How is this even possible??? I understand this is a free service but in your advertisement, YOU recommend free hosting for a personal website. I don’t mind giving the company time to fix things however I believe this is a bit too much. Can someone explain to me how is it that I get a usage warning when there currently there is no access to my site?

Maybe that because hit by too many redirects.
You should just implement this workarounds: SSL errors on some websites

2 Likes

none of those solutions are working for me

Because you are using CloudFlare DNS service, I recommend you to use your own SSL. That will fix it.
You can get that from SSLForFree, ZeroSSL, or other SSL provider. Then add that SSL to your cPanel hosting (SSL menu).

Simple fix that problem:
Remove HTTPS enforcement from your site setting (DNS service/htaccess file)
or
Use/add your own SSL certificate to your site on cPanel hosting menu

1 Like

Today I saw that there is a new feature for SSL “SSL Certificates” Does this provide a solution for the current problems???, In the knowledge base How to, it says to point my domain to:

• ns1.byet.org
  • ns2.byet.org
    … etc
    however, these are not the addresses described in my Account Info. which one should I use?

Yes, it will, as it will issue a SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt after doing some steps, and you won’t even need a specific online tool to do that! If you want to read more about this new feature, please read this topic:

byet.org and epizy.com nameservers are the same ones. I prefer and recommend using the complete set of Byet nameservers (AKA ns1.byet.org, ns2.byet.org, ns3.byet.org, ns4.byet.org and ns5.byet.org) for maximum reliability, but you can choose whatever nameserver kind you want.

After a month of dealing with this, I still have no luck fixing the issues.
when I hit the “refresh the DNS status” I get “The CNAME record is not pointing to the right destination.”. My domain is pointing to ns1.byet.org , ns2.byet.org , ns3.byet.org , ns4.byet.org. I do not understand how to fix this. My website is parked domain, are there any special procedures for this?

You will need to add the CNAME records with the bold text on the record name present on the SSL certificate request page of the Client Area as record name, your domain as your domain and the destination that shows on that page as the destination of the CNAME record on the “CNAME Records” section of the Control Panel.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.