WebMail Lite "Cannot connect to mail server"?

Hi there,
I installed WebMail Lite from softaculous and i keep getting the error saying that i could not connect to the mail server and i dont know why?
580e459f0e3c8.png

Which mail servers settings are you using? Which mail server would you like to connect to in the first place?

When i entered it it it can up automatically with smtp.mydomain.com and imap.mydomain.com it had a port and use ssl i turned use ssl off. I would like to connect to my domains email so i can get something a little more user freindly for the people from 1st east cowes scouts as i cannot embed or post data to roundcube.

I’m always surprised by the defaults of most mail providers to use the imap and smtp subdomains as likely mail server address because it’s only right in very few occasions. If you were hoping to find our IMAP and SMTP servers there, I’m going to have to disappoint you. IMAP and SMTP are not available on free hosting, you’ll have to upgrade your account to XVHOST to get that.

Would it be possible to install another email client aswell as roundcube webmail as i cannot get on with roundube mail and it is not user friendly enough. I do recommend squirrelmail if you could consider it as they have fantastic user friendliness and can be embedded.

Would it be possible to install another email client aswell as roundcube webmail as i cannot get on with roundube mail and it is not user friendly enough.

Could you please elaborate on what you think is so bad about RoundCube? It may not be the best around but I haven’t found it to be particularly user unfriendly.

I do recommend squirrelmail if you could consider it as they have fantastic user friendliness and can be embedded.

SquirrelMail on the other hand is ancient, the design looks like it’s 1996 so I don’t think we’ll offer it any time soon.

Basically i am creating a web app where the leaders from he scout group can login to their account where they can edit their pages and check their emails but because of how roundcube creates a hash key which is unique to each login i cannot log the users in from the database by automatically and i also cannot add the roundcube client to a iframe as thay block this tooi. The people in the scout group arnt very good with computers so im trying to make it as user friendly as possible and at them moment the one person who has tryed to use needed help. Is there any way at all that you could add another webmail client to your service so this can be made possible.

No. I’m sorry, but the kind of e-mail flexibility you’re looking for simply isn’t available with our free hosting. You can login to your e-mail account at http://185.27.134.22/roundcubemail/ , but that’s it. If you want to have more webmail clients or IMAP and SMTP access, you’ll have to upgrade to XVHOST or use a specialized e-mail service like Zoho.