Website and Server on the same domain

Hi, I wanted to know how I would go about hosting my website on infinityfree.net and having the same domain for my minecraft server, I know there is a way with my domain registrar by using srv records and a records but I need my webserver IP address so I can point my A record to it and use an SRV record to point to the minecraft server.

How can I get my IP address for my infinityfree website?

You can read this KB: Docs - InfinityFree Forum

Thanks, I’ll read into it now.

I’ve got my IP for my infinityfree.net server, how would I make this point to an addon domain from an A record?

This won’t work because I need an IP for the exact website for my addon domain.

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

epiz_26396679

Error Message

No error but I am looking to point an A record to my website so I can use the one domain with the website and a minecraft server but I can’t get an IP that directs to my addon domain.

Other Information

Domain duckeylands.net

What I am trying to do ?

I am trying to make an A record that directs traffic from browser to my addon domain and an IP on minecraft (play.duckeylands.net) using SRV record to let me join the minecraft server so I will have both on the one domain.

You should follow this article to get your IP

3 Likes

It is same with how you add your SRV record, right ???

I’ve got my ip and done the A record name “@” target set to my web server ip address and set the srv record but only the minecraft ip (SRV Record) is working…

I’ve followed this article but when I load the website on a browser now I get
" www.duckeylands.net ’s server IP address could not be found. "

May I know how you added your addon domain?

Has your domain been listed on addon domain menu from your hosting account?

Yep, my error is as;

(Sorry I am trialing making my own proxy!)

But as Adisp007 said above ^, in order for the system to recognise, you need to add your IPv4 address, however ,my proxy doesn’t seem to recognise the domain - but that’s probably a cache issue on my side.

3 Likes

Please add a DNS record to Cloudflare for the WWW subdomain with the target @. This will make it point to the same destination as the non-www version of your domain, which should be your hosting account.

3 Likes

I still can’t get it to work, I have a domain setup with an SRV record pointing to a minecraft server but I also want to make it point to my infinityfree website too, how would I do so?

By doing exactly what I described in my previous post?

I tried that it doesnt work…

https://i.gyazo.com/b111f9f351d70035f9c70f5f8ee5773d.png

Please add a DNS record with in the first field www and in the second field @. Not the other way around.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.