Website broken after failed Elementor update

My website URL is: removed website info, OP

*removed website info, OP*

What I’m seeing is: There has been a critical error on your website in a message box, that is the only thing on the screen, cannot get to anything else other that that page. The website only has a welcome login/register page, and forum pages.

When I go to the website I get the message below:

The only thing I can see is what's in the screen shot above, just an error message with a WordPress link [Learn more about debugging in WordPress.](https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/)

I’m using this software: WordPress version 5.3, Current theme: OceanWP (version 1.7.3)
Current plugin: Elementor (version 2.7.6), PHP version 7.3.6

WordPress version 5.3, Elementor (version 2.7.6), PHP version 7.3.6, the FTP client is FileZilla, File Manager is from cpanel.epizy.com, web browser is Firefox 71.0 (64-bit)

Additional information: Error details are below from auto-email I received from WordPress:
Error Details

An error of type E_COMPILE_ERROR was caused in line 331 of the file /home=
/vol5_8/epizy.com/epiz_24838458/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/elementor/inclu=
des/managers/elements.php. Error message: require(): Failed opening requi=
red ‘/home/vol5_8/epizy.com/epiz_24838458/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/eleme=
ntor/includes/elements/column.php’ (include_path=‘.:/usr/share/pear/’)

There was an Elementor plugin update

From that same email it shows the page where the issue was caught,
(removed website info, OP ?action=logout&_wpnonce=fc0492e218&redi=
rect_to=https%3A%2F%2F removed website info, OP loggedout%3Dtru=
e)

If your site appears broken and you can’t access your dashboard normally,=
WordPress now has a special “recovery mode”. This lets you safely login =
to your dashboard and investigate further.
removed website info OP ?action=enter_recovery_mode&rm_to=
ken=HIDDEN BY MOD

I couldn’t login with that link, only getting the same error box no matter what I try.

Thank you very much for any assistance, right now I can’t do anything.

Steve2854

Try to download the zip file of Elementor from here, extract it on your computer and upload the folder to yourdomain/htdocs/wp-content/plugins or htdocs/wp-content/plugins with a FTP client, overwriting the files when needed, and overwriting yourdomain with your domain on the first path I posted.

4 Likes

Great call Ergastolator1! That was the fix, the site is up, everything seems to be working :+1:

I can’t thank you enough for your timely response with the fix, I’ll mark this one solved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.