Website doesn't load, connectionfailure

My website URL is: http://www.chernyae.me

What I’m seeing is: connectionfailure

I’m using this software: my web browser

Additional information: I can’t access my website for a couple of days now. Is this some new attack on the hosting?

For me it works. For you it’s a DNS propagation issue, so configure 1.1.1.1 to access your website or clear cookies & cache.

Changed DNS to 1.1.1.1 and did “ipconfig /flushdns”, still nothing. If I do the ping in cmd, it shows that domain name resolves to 185.27.134.175, does it resolve to same thing for you?

Ok, I tried accessing my website under vpn and it works. I guess, they blocked it in my country.
Is there a way to transfer my website to another ip on infinity free?

not really. because that can belong to your internet too. if you some times can access there :slight_smile:

i got same problem sometimes because my internet has problems too

I’ve asked my provider and they said that this ip is not on the restricted list. Yet, I still can’t access my website. Does this mean that hosting provider banned me by ip?

that means your country banned the site for country ip!

looks your country has problem with :frowning:

But they that this is ip is not banned. Other ips from this network are banned, like 185.27.134.114 and 185.27.134.219.
Is it possible, that the hosting itself has banned some ip range with my ip in it? Because I can access the website from mobile phone(4g internet), but I can’t access it from my home or work place (both use same internet provider, so ips are similar).

aha! that shows your Internet got problem with the site!

probably your internet has problem in connection to some sites in some servers or connecting with IP. Unfortunately there’s no way to connect unless connecting with another internet cable :frowning_face:

but asking again

but i’m wondering have you same problem with something like cpanel or file manager? or with your original domain? (which has .epizy.com )

We don’t blanket ban any IP addresses, IP ranges or countries from accessing any website.

In order to help figure out who is blocking what, can you please make a tracert from your computer to your website? That should help point our where the connection is being blocked.

1 Like

@anon19508339, CPanel works fine. Most of the websites that end with epizy.com don’t load, for example the one that is listed on your profile shows same error as my website.

@Admin, here’s my tracert log:

1    <1 мс     2 ms     1 ms  192.168.0.1
2     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  10.1.28.254
3     1 ms     3 ms    <1 мс  10.0.18.234
4     2 ms     1 ms     2 ms  79.133.92.33
5    65 ms    69 ms    66 ms  87.226.183.65
6     *       65 ms    65 ms  lag-135.ear2.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [62.67.36.229]
7     *       77 ms    76 ms  ae-3-3.bear1.Manchesteruk2.Level3.net [4.69.167.34]
8    78 ms    78 ms   225 ms  wildcard-uk.bear1.manchesteruk2.level3.net [195.50.121.134]
9    76 ms   211 ms   215 ms  31.22.6.27
10    68 ms    68 ms    68 ms  cust.te3-1.cr-4.rel.ncl.wildcard.net.uk [31.22.6.126]
11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Hmm, this is strange. I would expect the connection to be blocked somewhere, but the traceroute you sent looks completely normal.

Are you able to test your websites from other devices or networks as well?

Yes, that is strange. It seems like something on the end host is blocking my connection.
The website is accessible on mobile phone internet. The traceroute shows this:

traceroute to chernyae.me (185.27.134.175), 30 hops max
Hop 1:
    From 10.17.132.90, 50 ms

Hop 2:

Hop 3:
    From 212.188.44.101, 53 ms

Hop 4:
    From 212.188.29.109, 58 ms

Hop 5:

Hop 6:
    From ae-3-3.bear1.Manchesteruk2.Level3.net (4.69.167.34), 102 ms

Hop 7:

Hop 8:

Hop 9:
    From WILDCARD-UK.bear1.Manchesteruk2.Level3.net (195.50.121.134), 102 ms

Traceroute complete: 9 hops, time: 10668 ms

Is there any progress on this issue?

No, not really. I checked this issue with a server admin, and they confirmed that this IP address is not being blocked on our end. The only explanation I can think of is that there is some kind of blocking or filtering in place on your network, but I can’t check that from my end.

Did you ask your network administrator or ISP about this already? If so, you should definitely do so, because they might know more about this.

I’ve already asked them and they said that the problem’s not on their end.
If they were blocking the access, wouldn’t the traceroute stop on first couple of hops in my local area network? When I traceroute websites, that are blocked in my country, it stops on the fourth hop without leaving the 10...* network.

There are many ways to block access to a website. You could block connections to the IP addresses on the network level by nullrouting the IP addresses. This is the most common way to block access, and is easy to identify through the traceroute.

But the traceroute looks OK, so the network block is ruled out.

But there are other ways to block websites. Your network administrators could use a HTTP proxy which blocks access to specific website content, or use deep packet inspection to discard particular traffic. I don’t know for sure what’s possible because most of those filters are illegal in the EU, but I know that there are other methods to block traffic.

In any case, I checked and we don’t block access to your IP address, so I suspect it’s a restriction on your network. I know your network administrators are saying the opposite, but I have no way to check that. So I don’t know what else I can do for you.

Thank you very much for your help!
I guess I’ll have to use VPN to access my website, but that’s ok.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.